Author Topic: Default GSX operator gate vehicles (stairs, loader, ...) at loading of flight  (Read 1709 times)

skycamel

Hi,
I was looking through the manual and ventured into a search here in the forum but I guess I didn't use (find) the right combination of words
to find what I was looking for.
If I load a flight with my aircraft parked at the gate/ramp it would be nice to have a parameter in the .ini file to automatically spawn default operator GSX vehicles at that gate
without first to have to ask for services and then to have to select the operator.
This would look nicer because the GSX stairs etc would be there when the flight is loaded and not just pop up after selection.
Even if you don't use any services, the vehicles would not be in the way as they are there during pushback anyway.
For those who still want to select their preferred operator could either set the parameter to false or still select them when requesting the first service.
After landing the issue doesn't arise as usually you can't see the gate when you're asked to select an operator.
Just a thought  :-[
Cheers,
Luc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The reason why GSX never, ever, try to start automatically, was to allow you to use it in combination with other similar services, some you might have paid for, like AES with paid airport customization credits.

Since AES always started automatically on a parking, we made GSX always starting manually, to place nice with it, otherwise they would surely conflict, since they would both start automatically. We were promised by AES authors they would look into adding a feature to prevent AES from starting automatically, but this never happened, but then AES (not being updated anymore for P3D), basically disappeared so, possibly, we might look into adding this feature with a future update.

But it will be optional in any case.

skycamel

Optional would be fine with me so that at least for those not having/using AES (or other conflicting addons) could have GSX loading automatically.
Cheers,
Luc