Author Topic: what is West....Airfrfr  (Read 2329 times)

Jupster71

what is West....Airfrfr
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:26:32 am »
I know I screwed up somewhere....but don't know where to start

My custom airline is Flightway(FWA) but when trying to choose ground operators in KSTL("homebase"), Flightway does not show up but instead "West....Airfrfr" then GSX crashes. 1st of all....I don't know who or what they are but they show up as #1 option at KSTL even tho Flightway was made the preferred option....obviously not.

So tell me what ya need to get this clustermess cleaned up.....

Also, Im having issues with sim cfg rewriting for paintkit. I know how to read and comprehend but its not working out for me....for some reason.

Any help will be appreciated[/b]    ??? :( ??? :( :'( :'( :'(

Jupster71

Re: what is West....Airfrfr
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:03:58 pm »
update...it doesn't crash anymore, but its still not giving me my proper operator name

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:52:59 am »
The only possible reason for any problems with a custom operator you made with the PaintKit, is that you made some errors in one of the files but, of course, it's not possible to say without looking at them.

The name of the operator is taken from the couatl.atc_parking_codes lines so, if you use a custom operator, the line must indicate it's plain name, and nothing else because, if you use codes, they might match another operator that might be included in an internal list of GSX operators.

So, in your case, be sure all the couatl.atc_parking_codes lines in ALL vehicles in your custom set will read like this:

couatl.atc_parking_codes=Flightway

Jupster71

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:44:17 pm »
ok. so I did after reading the manual for the 100th time. I got my catering trucks straighten out but everything else is still not right. I attached the file so u can get info u need.

One more thing.....as far as jetway logos are concerned....do u have to evey every line and then renumber everything. or can you just start from the last number and write the cfg from there? ex: the last line is fltsim 469, can I just go in order and write it out?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 06:41:41 pm »
Looking at your files, you forgot to set the couatl.atc_parking_codes lines for the following vehicles:

FSDT_catering_EU_half_USER_Flightway
FSDT_catering_EU_half_2axis_FSDT_Flightway

One more thing.....as far as jetway logos are concerned....do u have to evey every line and then renumber everything. or can you just start from the last number and write the cfg from there? ex: the last line is fltsim 469, can I just go in order and write it out?

You can start from the next last line ( 470 ), but you must be sure you include all the different logo model variation for your repaint, there are 10 of them, so you can go up to 479.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 06:44:08 pm by virtuali »

Jupster71

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:52:24 pm »
Looking at your files, you forgot to set the couatl.atc_parking_codes lines for the following vehicles:

FSDT_catering_EU_half_USER_Flightway
FSDT_catering_EU_half_2axis_FSDT_Flightway

Well...now I got some Jet Aviation equipment coming thru when I choose Flightway ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 12:19:01 am »
Well...now I got some Jet Aviation equipment coming thru when I choose Flightway ???

First, there's a problem in your .dds file, which seems to be corrupted: just open it with the Imagetool from the SDK: it's saved as a .DTX5, but the Alpha channel is all messed up, while it's usually supposed to show the logo in white over a black background.

See the attached screenshot, which shows the Alpha channel of a correct texture ( the FSDT logo supplied with the PaintKit ), compared to yours.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:21:26 am by virtuali »