Author Topic: ALL my FSDT products have stopped working  (Read 3903 times)

janbroe

ALL my FSDT products have stopped working
« on: April 20, 2019, 08:26:36 am »
Hi!

I have just noticed that ALL of my FSDT products have stopped working in my FSX sim.
I have quite a few airports (Louisville, Charlotte, Memphis, Houston, JFK, Vancouver, LAX, Dallas, Honolulu, Ft. Lauderdale and Las Vegas) and GSX (but not Level 2).
All of them are listed as installed, but in the Add-On manager, they're listed as Trial versions and the keys that I received when I bought the products don't work when I try to register the products again by inserting them.

Any ideas?

/JB in Copenhagen

cikrmi

Re: ALL my FSDT products have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:59:52 pm »
I concur with that. Have very same problem. All products registered but none of them working. Have updated P3D to 4.5 recently.
Appriciate some tips.

Regards,
Michal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 11:12:32 am »
the keys that I received when I bought the products don't work when I try to register the products again by inserting them.

Please clarify what do you mean with "don't work". Do you see error messages when registering the keys ? If yes, which ones ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:45 am »
I concur with that. Have very same problem. All products registered but none of them working. Have updated P3D to 4.5 recently.

You cannot possibly have the "same problem", since the OP said his keys don't work, while you say the sceneries are already registered. In your case, the usual solution would be checking the named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries or antivirus issues:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

janbroe

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 06:45:19 pm »
Umberto,

it *was* in fact the same problem... It might not be clear from my first post, but I have had these sceneries registered for years, and they have worked just fine. But then, one day last week, when I booted up my FSX, they had all stopped working and were listed as Trial in the Add-On Managar.
Initially I thought that it was just a glitch, so I flew to some other airports that day.
The following day, I had the same problem. And the following day again.
I then tried to re-activate a couple of the sceneries by using the keys that I had received back when I bought the sceneries. But they did not work, as in: Nothing happened, when I inserted the keys and pressed the button.
That's when I gave up and wrote the original post on the forum.
The problem persisted yesterday.
But this morning, when I booted up my PC and FSX, everything was suddenly back to normal, and GSX compiled a new airport list when a flight was loaded.
As I had done nothing other than what I have mentioned here to correct the problem, I have no idea why the problem started, and why it suddenly ended again.
But the status right now: I'm back up and running. (I just wish I knew what happened...)

Best
/JB

cikrmi

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:30:41 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thanks for reply.
I did all mentioned in the post you gave (uninstall libraries, installed them again, removed airports and installed again, this all with antivirus disabled). The result is that GSX is generally working but buildings are not showing up - see the screen attached. I guess this is something library related, isn´t it?
Thanks,

Michal

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 11:52:00 pm »
The result is that GSX is generally working but buildings are not showing up - see the screen attached. I guess this is something library related, isn´t it?

Your screenshot is not helping, because I needed to know if the jetways were those made by GSX, or the older ones, which would lead to the next troubleshooting steps. This, because you said GSX is working.

In general, if the scenery is not found in the scenery library, in addition to now being displayed, GSX will not create replacement jetways for it so, if the jetway I see (in your screenshot, they are too small be recognized) are not from GSX, depending what they are, this will lead to the next troubleshooting steps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:56:43 pm »
I then tried to re-activate a couple of the sceneries by using the keys that I had received back when I bought the sceneries. But they did not work, as in: Nothing happened, when I inserted the keys and pressed the button.

"Nothing happens" is very different that "the key didn't work". You can only say a KEY ( meaning = a key's fault ) is not working, if you see some message related TO IT, like key invalid, too many activations, etc. This is a "key not working".

Instead, "nothing happens", doesn't have anything to do with the key, and it's more likely just the usual issue of the software not running. That would be the only case when nothing will happen when trying to activate a key.

And in that case, the usual solution would be checking the named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing libraries or antivirus issues:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Basically, if you are missing either the Addon Manager or the Couatl/GSX menus (or both), it means something's wrong with your installation, and the above thread indicates all the known fixes.

cikrmi

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 05:54:52 pm »
They are GSX replacement jetways build on default AFCAD (as many are missing along TBIT). Other info is that my addon mannager says that scenery is active but not installed in scenery library but I can see it in scenery library.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 06:43:08 pm »
Other info is that my addon mannager says that scenery is active but not installed in scenery library but I can see it in scenery library.

Are you sure you installed FSDT KLAX, using its latest installer ? Try a "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" as well, if still doesn't work after reinstalling KLAX ?

Also, is it possible you tried to add KLAX manually to the Scenery Library or the scenery.cfg ? This will never work, because it will create a double entry, since KLAX is supposed to use only the add-on.xml method, so you should never try to add it manually to the Scenery Library.

cikrmi

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 06:53:50 pm »
Yes, I downloaded installer directly from fsdt website and also ran live updater. Restart couatl doesn´t have any effect. And I haven´t done any manual entries.
I am trying now to do complete reinstal of P3D in case of any corrupted files...