Author Topic: Update then FSX will not start  (Read 2688 times)

Dallen1919

Update then FSX will not start
« on: April 19, 2019, 05:35:08 am »
Flew last night without issues after not doing so for a few weeks. Today before flying I ran the LIVE update, Now FSX starts loading  the scenery with splash page in background and after loading scenery comment goes off it  never starts FSX and I return to the desktop.
I uninstalled the ADDon Manager and FSX starts right up but of course I have no DT Airports, GSX etc.
I ran the Live update again AFTER Making sure the firewall was off and the anti virus (AVG) excepted the ADDON manager.
Now again the FSX will not start and goes back to desktop as before running the update. When I ran the update it did ask me if I "trusted" the VIRTUALLI software to which I said yes. It had asked that question when I first ran the update and I also answered yes then. Any direction appreciated.

There is no better support for a Flightsim product than yours!

Dennis A

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update then FSX will not start
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:41:43 am »
Try running the Live Update again. The reason for the sim not starting might be caused by a bug in the Windows automatic compatibility assistant, which mistakenly set a registry entry that will prevent FSX from starting, and we clear it up by running the Live Update.

Dallen1919

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 01:25:22 am »
Re-ran Live update. FSX would not load. Shut down then re-ran live update but still will not start after screen says it loads scenry updates etc and then returns to desktop. Any other suggestions appreciated.
Dallen1919

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:23:54 am »
Exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from the antivirus and, if you have a firewall or any similar security related product, do that same in all of them.

If a software is preventing the Live Update from downloading some files, but it's allowing other to pass through, it will create a whole mess of mixed-up version, which will very likely result in the sim not starting.

Dallen1919

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 05:50:54 am »
Thanks for taking time to help.
Excluded the whole Addon Manager, re ran the update and turned off the firewall and also excluded the Addon Manager from Windows defender. FSX will not start.
Any further advice is appreciated. Thanks for your support.

Dallen1919

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 09:08:21 am »
Excluded the whole Addon Manager, re ran the update and turned off the firewall and also excluded the Addon Manager from Windows defender. FSX will not start.

Doesn't happen here, and nobody else reported it. As I've said, the only possible reason for this is a mixup of files old and new, caused by the antivirus/firewall blocking some files and let pass others.

Be sure you disable AND configure to exclude the Addon Manager folder from ALL software that might interact on downloads: antivirus, firewall, anti-spyware, anti-spam, anything similar.

Some users don't even realize they are running more then one of such products that does similar things, which, in addition to unnecessarily slowing down the system, will require separate configurations so, if you excluded the Addon Manager folder in one software, it might still be blocked in another one.

Dallen1919

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 06:49:07 am »
So I disabled all the Firewalls, warnings and anti virus apps. Re-ran the live update and FSX would not start. LIVE update disappeared from the desktop/

I then uninstalled the addon manager then  re-installed the ADDON manager which now did allow FSX to start but none of the Airports or GSX showed in the menu. I then reinstalled the GSX which ran an update and BINGO...all sceneries are back. Re started the anti-virus and firewall and FSX still started. Seems like this is now solved!

Thanks for your continued support of a great product!