Author Topic: Loaders  (Read 1697 times)

skyymann

Loaders
« on: April 18, 2019, 09:16:33 am »
Hi Umberto,

I know we have discussed this before, but pulling the loaders back after loading is driving me crazy. Every airport I've ever worked at at an ATC and as a ramper for a major AAmerican airline kept them in place. This includes the USA and the Middle East. The airline kept them in place to avoid damaging the aircraft. There is always a risk of damage every time you place something against an aircraft. At the very least, give us the option of keeping them in place in the settings. I can't imagine this would be difficult for you and it would really help with my controler OCD :-)

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Loaders
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:53:58 am »
As explained already, loaders didn't pull back in GSX since 2012.

But since users asked for multiple services running at the same time, we HAD to move away the loaders momentarily, because now users CAN call Catering, Boarding and Refueling at the same time, so the rear Catering or the Fuel Tanker will surely clash into the Baggage Loader train.

Of course, this wouldn't have been necessary, if we just trust the user's common sense of not calling catering until the loader train finished, but then users asked for "automatic" servicing as well and, in this case moving away the loader was the only possible way to prevent this.

We might have a workaround, by moving them away only when the catering is approaching, but I cannot promise when this might be added.

skyymann

Re: Loaders
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 09:05:47 am »
Thanks Umberto!

That would be the best. I shall wait as patiently as I am capable of :-)

Scott