Author Topic: GSX UPDATE  (Read 3845 times)

quentcor

GSX UPDATE
« on: April 13, 2019, 08:30:41 am »
Hi Umberto,
When is the next update for GSX scheduled for release? I think many of us are waiting for your changes to the way GSX responds to weather metars and a correction of the strange behavior of the luggage handling vehicles after parking at a gate after arrival.
Regards,
Quentin

airbadger

Re: GSX UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 01:19:26 pm »
Hi Umberto,
When is the next update for GSX scheduled for release? I think many of us are waiting for your changes to the way GSX responds to weather metars and a correction of the strange behavior of the luggage handling vehicles after parking at a gate after arrival.
Regards,
Quentin

I wouldn't hold your breath on the vehicle behavior getting fixed... at least as of March, Umberto wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 07:16:03 pm »
the strange behavior of the luggage handling vehicles after parking at a gate after arrival.

Please clarify what do you mean with this, exactly.

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:45:18 pm »
the strange behavior of the luggage handling vehicles after parking at a gate after arrival.

Please clarify what do you mean with this, exactly.

Probably this http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19625.0.html

quentcor

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:24:28 am »
Hi Umberto,

I see others experience this problem slightly differently. In my case what happens is that, after parking at the gate and activating the jetway, I then request deboarding, the rear luggage loader doesn't move straight to the rear cargo door. Instead, it takes a circular route to the rear of the aircraft and approaches it from the side opposite the cargo doors. It then moves under the aircraft, facing the wrong way, and then does a 180* spin to position itself correctly and raise the belt loader. After luggage has been unloaded, the luggage loader proceeds back under the aircraft, moves to somewhere at the rear of the aircraft and then does a circular route past the port side engine and the front of the aircraft back to its starting position, but not facing the way it was positioned in the gate setup.

If, after parking the aircraft at the gate, I first choose item 7 on the menu and then close the popup screen as soon as it has appeared, then request deboarding, the rear luggage loader will move directly to the rear cargo door without doing the circular route described above.

It seems to me that the GSX gate setup, as defined in the .ini file, doesn't automatically load when arriving at an airport. Instead, one has to open and close the ini file via item 7 on the menu to make the ini file active.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 05:18:33 pm »
It seems to me that the GSX gate setup, as defined in the .ini file, doesn't automatically load when arriving at an airport. Instead, one has to open and close the ini file via item 7 on the menu to make the ini file active.

No, GSX surely always reads the .INI file, maybe the only time you need a Restart Couatl (that's what "option 7" does), is the first time you use it after you created it, but once it's there, is surely being read in every case.

Please clarify: is this problem happening ONLY after landing (after you used GSX on the departure airport), or it happens even as soon the simulator is started ?

quentcor

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:01:50 am »
Umberto,

In my case, it only happens after landing. Couatl always works perfectly at the departure airport.

Restarting couatl briefly at the arrival gate before deboarding, does have the effect of using only one baggage trolley, even when deboarding say 156, when one would expect three trolleys, but this is somewhat cosmetic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 08:46:48 am »
Restarting couatl briefly at the arrival gate before deboarding, does have the effect of using only one baggage trolley, even when deboarding say 156, when one would expect three trolleys, but this is somewhat cosmetic.

This shouldn't simply happen, unless you are using a 3rd party airplane that sets the passenger number by itself, like the FS Labs A320 or another that does similar things. Are you using such airplane ?

If the airplane doesn't set the passenger number by itself, surely GSX will read the correct passenger number automatically as soon as you select any operation so, a previous reset during the flight won't make any difference.