Author Topic: Boarding duration and process  (Read 2718 times)

papryk

Boarding duration and process
« on: April 16, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »
Hi! I use GSX Level 2 for two weeks. I have a few comments.
Please, explain me if i do something wrong.

1. Why a crew is boarding after requested boarding? It seems unreal. The captain allow the boarding after the aircraft is ready. In real world the crew has enough time to prepare the board and cockpit before passangers comming. I use FS2crew for 777. I request boarding 24 minutes before pushback after walkaround and cockpit preparation.

2. Very long duration of the boarding. My aircraft is connected to two jetways. I requested boarding of 312 passangers. 20 minutes after I click the request, only 110 passangers was aboard... with "dense" boarding option set.... It seems unreal. I don't want to wait 45 minutes for passangers boarding.

3.  Moreover, cargo loading takes only 5 minutes and the finish of loading was before the end of passangers boarding. It's also unrealistic. In real world the end of baggage loading is limmited by the last passanger is aboard due to the safety reasons (each suitcase must have an owner on board).

4. Repeated the same annoying sound during boarding "- Welcome aboard. - How are you? - I'm doing good!"

Regards,
Patrick
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:24:42 pm by papryk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding duration and process
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:40:38 pm »
1. Why a crew is boarding after requested boarding? It seems unreal.

For the obvious reason to save you some time.

2. Very long duration of the boarding. My aircraft is connected to two jetways. I requested boarding of 312 passangers. 20 minutes after I click the request, only 110 passangers was aboard... with "dense" boarding option set.... It seems unreal. I don't want to wait 45 minutes for passangers boarding.

Dense was probably not enough.

3.  Moreover, cargo loading takes only 5 minutes and the finish of loading was before the end of passangers boarding. It's also unrealistic. In real world the end of baggage loading is limmited by the last passanger is aboard due to the safety reasons (each suitcase must have an owner on board).

For the obvious reason that, while passengers are now counted 1:1, luggage and cargo is not, you don't see hundreds of bags and/or dozen of ULDs. That was how GSX always was, long before passengers came. We might eventually consider doing something similar to cargo to what we did with passengers.

4. Repeated the same annoying sound during boarding "- Welcome aboard. - How are you? - I'm doing good!"

This has been discussed so many times on the forum and, we confirmed the frequency of these chats will be lowered in the next update.

See how 1:1 reality (the one you asked for bags/cargo, for example), sometimes might be annoying, since a computer cannot obviously replicate the variability of the real world, were usually each passenger is greeted, but we have a limited amount of sounds waves so, of course, they might sound repetitive after a while.

papryk

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:32:27 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

1. I think that the crew boarding should be a separate option. User should have a choice - boarding or not boarding a crew regardless of the passengers boarding. That's only my suggestion.
2. I made mistake. Now is OK. However, I can't select the passengers count although I unchecked "Estimate passengers number". Moreover, after start boarding I see prompt that I won't see passengers, because there aren't stairways... after that, I can see pax in the crystal jetways :)
3. OK, I understand. I think, cargo loading should waiting for the end of passengers boarding in the position.
4. Sure :)
5. I also often have a problem with display of jetways in the position editor mode: https://i.imgur.com/WSOMlTt.jpg The real position of jetways is marked by logo, not by the jetway models.

Thank you for the great addon and your support.
Patrick
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:36:46 pm by papryk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:10:02 am »
1. I think that the crew boarding should be a separate option. User should have a choice - boarding or not boarding a crew regardless of the passengers boarding. That's only my suggestion.

We already confirmed multiple times when asked on the forum, this could be added in the future.

2. I made mistake. Now is OK. However, I can't select the passengers count although I unchecked "Estimate passengers number"

You surely can, unless:

- The airplane you use is setting the passenger number itself

OR

- You disabled the "Message Text" option in the simulator options, so no messages will come anymore.

. Moreover, after start boarding I see prompt that I won't see passengers, because there aren't stairways... after that, I can see pax in the crystal jetways :)

As already explained so many times on the forum, passengers will appear on jetways only if all these conditions are satisfied:

- The jetway MUST be a SODE jetway. Either provided by the scenery developer, or replaced by GSX (automatically if it's a default airport, or manually if it's an addon airport)

- The SODE jetway must be docked.

5. I also often have a problem with display of jetways in the position editor mode: https://i.imgur.com/WSOMlTt.jpg The real position of jetways is marked by logo, not by the jetway models.

Please clarify if this is always happening, 100% of the times, or it just happened once or sometimes. And, if it happens only when editing a parking, or even when using the jetway.

papryk

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 07:30:23 pm »
"Please clarify if this is always happening, 100% of the times, or it just happened once or sometimes. And, if it happens only when editing a parking, or even when using the jetway."

50% chances. Only when editing parking position.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 12:03:01 am »
50% chances. Only when editing parking position.

Do you have a very taxed system ? How's your fps on that airport ? Try lowing the settings to the absolute minimum required ( you don't need much detail when editing a parking ) like 0% AI, minimal autogen and scenery complexity and radius, and see if it improves with a better fps.

papryk

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 05:17:44 pm »
The same issue in every airport. 60 fps and more.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:16:37 am »
The same issue in every airport. 60 fps and more.

What other addons are you using ?

Is the missing jetway appearing immediately, or only after cycling through different models ?