Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 3201 times)

pastorra

Fatal Error
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:41:23 pm »
A fatal error occurs with FSX when I use gsx expansion level 2 and quality wings 757.  Can anyone help me figure out why?  FSX works perfectly great with just gsx and quality wings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 05:03:06 pm »
Please clarify what do you mean:

- Do you mean GSX (a previous version ) USED to work with the QW757, but now that you updated to the latest version doesn't anymore ?

OR

- Do you mean the latest GSX is *still* working, but you see a crash only when you activate a GSX L2-specific feature ? If yes, which one ?

pastorra

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:57 pm »
GSX works but crashes when I use GSX-L2.  When I attempt to change aircraft to Quality Wings 757 is when I experience the fatal error.  It works great with other aircraft.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:44:45 pm by pastorra »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 08:44:03 am »
Is the crash happening as soon as you select the airplane ? If yes, are you sure you followed the suggestion to always installed GSX AFTER the QW757 and NEVER install the QW757 *after* GSX ?

jdenn4

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 05:52:49 am »
Any updates to this? I also have the same problem. I had installed the qw757 first (long time ago) then gsx(years ago) and two days ago gsx level 2 now any time I select the qw 757 my whole sim crashes, even if I select during free flight start up.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 08:38:11 am »
Any updates to this? I also have the same problem. I had installed the qw757 first (long time ago) then gsx(years ago) and two days ago gsx level 2 now any time I select the qw 757 my whole sim crashes, even if I select during free flight start up.
What's your definition of a long time ago. Only asking because QualityWings did update the 757 a few months ago to utilize the Flight1 installer rather than the Add-on Manager, so if it was longer than just a few months ago, you'll want to upgrade your 757 to see if the problem persists. The link to do so can be found here:

https://www.flight1.com/upgradeserial.asp?id=1
Captain Kevin

jdenn4

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2019, 08:49:04 am »
Also noticed all my  flight beam sceneries went kaput and dont show in the manager either. Seems the addon manager has really screwed my sim.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 04:50:02 pm »
Also noticed all my  flight beam sceneries went kaput and dont show in the manager either. Seems the addon manager has really screwed my sim.
Also the same problem as the QualityWings 757. You need to update your FlightBeam scenery since they also stopped using the Add-on Manager and now use their own scenery manager. Instructions on how to do that can be found on their forum.
Captain Kevin