Author Topic: GSX and FSLabs integration  (Read 4319 times)

adrem42

GSX and FSLabs integration
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:59:06 am »
FSLabs requires you to have the assistance service mode disabled for perfect integration with GSX because it conflicts with the automatic refueling, catering and jetway selection. Can you therefore please make it an option to just enable automatic operator selection.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 08:08:08 am by generic_username »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and FSLabs integration
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:29:09 pm »
We are always in touch with FS Labs so, I assure you that if they need anything, they can contact us directly, like they always did. And we'll add whatever they did, like we always did as well.

adrem42

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 09:18:18 pm »
I don't know whether they will need such a feature and therefore contact you as it's not required for everything to be synced perfectly between GSX and FSLabs.

It would be a nice feature for the user to have because it would reduce interfacing with in-sim dialogues even more.

For clarification, I'm asking for an option inside your menu to enable only automatic operator selection because I can't enable the full assistance service mode as an fslabs user.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:21:43 pm by generic_username »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 12:22:30 am »
For clarification, I'm asking for an option inside your menu to enable only automatic operator selection because I can't enable the full assistance service mode as an fslabs user.

You mean you would like to skip the ground operator selection automatically ? That can be achieved very easily right now: if you select all parking spot on the airport, and insert a SINGLE code for a ground operator (or remove the existing ones, except one), GSX will automatically use that one, skipping the menu, since it wouldn't make any sense to show a menu with just one choice.

In addition to that, you should keep in mind that every menu in GSX has a timeout, after a few seconds the menu will close by selecting the choice which was labeled with "[GSX default]", we made it this way, and made the timeout for the ground operator fairly short, for the precise reason of not forcing you to click something when not extra necessary.

In any case, those are only the suggestions you can use NOW. That doesn't mean we won't consider adding this option as well.

adrem42

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 01:22:14 am »

You mean you would like to skip the ground operator selection automatically ? That can be achieved very easily right now: if you select all parking spot on the airport, and insert a SINGLE code for a ground operator (or remove the existing ones, except one), GSX will automatically use that one, skipping the menu, since it wouldn't make any sense to show a menu with just one choice.

In addition to that, you should keep in mind that every menu in GSX has a timeout, after a few seconds the menu will close by selecting the choice which was labeled with "[GSX default]", we made it this way, and made the timeout for the ground operator fairly short, for the precise reason of not forcing you to click something when not extra necessary.

In any case, those are only the suggestions you can use NOW. That doesn't mean we won't consider adding this option as well.

Thanks for the answer, I'll try that.

adrem42

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 01:58:04 pm »

Thanks for the answer, I'll try that.

The parking code method works except for the catering and sode jetway interaction menu. I tried writing a script to select an option for catering automatically, but the catering lvar only changes after you select an operator. Can you make it so that it changes when you request catering?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 05:15:34 pm »
Can you make it so that it changes when you request catering?

The next GSX update will have a separate editing field for the catering code.