Author Topic: Crash GSX 2 Expansion (customization)  (Read 3934 times)

lspilot

Crash GSX 2 Expansion (customization)
« on: April 10, 2019, 04:03:06 pm »
Good Morning
Since my acquisition of GSX Level 2 Expansion, I have used it normally. But in my last use when deleting a Jetway to insert one from GSX, a crash occurred which ended up closing P3D v4. Since then I am no longer able to use this function. Every time I enter GSx customization and try to configure the position of Jetway or another object, the locking occurs, leaving the P3D to exit. Is there any idea of ​​what might have happened?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash GSX 2 Expansion (customization)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:17:21 pm »
Try to remove your customization .INI file for that airport at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

lspilot

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 07:15:06 pm »
I deleted the file in relation to the airport in question, but the problem remains. Upon entering the GSx customization the locking will resume. Any other suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:27:51 pm »
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem, and nobody else reported it. Try to remove all files in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude folder, when the sim is not running.

sotkak

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 01:04:32 pm »
I do have the same problem ,could you please be more specific of what to do in order to eliminate the issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 07:48:37 am »
I do have the same problem ,could you please be more specific of what to do in order to eliminate the issue?

With "the same problem", you mean GSX crashes only when starting a customization ? If yes, then as I've said in my previous two posts, you should try this:

- Remove your customization for that airport from %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

OR

- Remove all files under the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude folder.

sotkak

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 04:39:55 pm »
Hi
After trying both solutions you suggested with no results,now when I start the p3d, every time , I get the following message .

scenery.CFG file error
could not find scenery fs dream team exclude's local scenery directory
Would you like to unload this area?

If I reply no the p3d would not start if I say yes it will start.

Also I would like to mention that if I choose to select from GSX, the just wrap me there, function, also freezes.
I am running p3dv4.1 would that be possible to create the problem?

Thanks in advance

Sotkak

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 12:06:47 am »
After trying both solutions you suggested with no results,now when I start the p3d, every time , I get the following message .

scenery.CFG file error
could not find scenery fs dream team exclude's local scenery directory
Would you like to unload this area?

Now you mistake is that you removed the WHOLE FSDT Exclude folder, when I said to remove any files inside it

- Remove all files under the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude folder.

Haven't said anything about removing the folder itself, precisely to prevent you from getting that error. Reinstalling GSX will of course fix it.

sotkak

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 02:41:31 pm »
Hi again
Reinstalling gsx fixed the temporary problem, but the original issue still present.
Any solutions for that??
Thanks
Sotkak

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:17 am »
Reinstalling gsx fixed the temporary problem, but the original issue still present.
Any solutions for that??

If with "original issue", you mean you get a crash after editing a jetway which crashes the sim, nobody ever reported this. Just be sure you follow the usual suggestions of excluding the whole Addon Manager folder from the antivirus, since GSX by itself CANNOT crash the sim, but an antivirus trying to act on it can.

sotkak

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 09:25:38 am »
Hi
The problem starts when I open the customization page OR when I select the function "just wramp me there" without being able to touch anything.
It freezes instantly all other functions seems to operate fine.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 09:44:05 am »
The problem starts when I open the customization page OR when I select the function "just wramp me there" without being able to touch anything. It freezes instantly all other functions seems to operate fine.

Does it happen with a specific airplane ? Both features require the airplane to be moved and placed in Slew mode, perhaps your airplane doesn't react well to that for some reason. Try a default airplane.

sotkak

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 02:22:13 pm »
Hi
I tried in 3 default airplanes with the same negative result, slew option it works fine in all aircrafts.
Recently I have had a cooling issue on cpu (95-100 C) which of course is fixed but if I remember correctly the problem started after that.
Always use the PMDG 738 NGX.
Customization page opens but it is not clicable.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
I tried in 3 default airplanes with the same negative result, slew option it works fine in all aircrafts.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem, and nobody ever reported it before.

Recently I have had a cooling issue on cpu (95-100 C) which of course is fixed but if I remember correctly the problem started after that.

This explains it very clearly, and definitely proves GSX doesn't have anything to do with this. If you are running your system so hot, it's very likely that even a momentary request for a bit more CPU power, would trigger the CPU self-protection against burning, which might likely crash or freeze your system.

Don't overclock, you surely don't need it while *customizing* an airport.

Customization page opens but it is not clicable.

Again, cannot reproduce it, and nobody reported it before but, of course, if with this you mean it's not clickable *after* the freeze, it's normal that nothing would work correctly, if your hardware froze.

sotkak

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 03:26:27 pm »
Thanks for yr quick reply
No my cpu it is not overclocked (temperature rised due to a cooling system malfunction) and of course not clickable I mean before system frozees.
I am planning a system overhole very soon, hopefully it will restore the issue.

Thanks again