Author Topic: Passengers loading near instantly on default jetways.  (Read 5042 times)

steveo1731987

Passengers loading near instantly on default jetways.
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:22:51 pm »
Good evening, a friend and myself have been having this issue from Gsx 2 ever sense the last update just before the new year. At default jetways. Passengers seem to fully load/unload within 3 to 4 seconds. I have been constantly searchly to see if any one else has posted regarding the same issue but for weeks i cannot find anything and could an issue relating to us maybe . This does not happen with sode jetways nor using the stairs. The same happens no matter what setting I select in terms of passenger density and whether I am at a payware airport or default. If the jetways are default this issue happens. If theres anything else you like me to add in able to assist you further please ask and i will try my best.

Kind regards,

Stephen.

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
Re: Passengers loading near instantly on default jetways.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 07:12:04 am »
Hi Stephen

Looks to me, like the aircraft has not a lot of passengers. In aircraft.cfg you find [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE] and there station_load.n definitions. Check if there is enough weight defined. Usually if you have severel rows matching the real life seat rows it is fine.
If the weight is too low, unloading loading takes place in a short time.

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:37:42 am »
. I have been constantly searchly to see if any one else has posted regarding the same issue but for weeks i cannot find anything and could an issue relating to us maybe . This does not happen with sode jetways nor using the stairs

That's entirely normal and it's exactly how is supposed to be.

Passengers will be visible only with SODE ( or GSX/SODE ) jetways or with Stairs+Bus. If using default jetways or custom jetways using the default animation method (CTRL+J) or for any reason there aren't stairs, usually because the airplane is not properly configured, passengers won't be visible.

If passengers are not visible, their boarding/deboarding will be only simulator, so it will happen much faster.

steveo1731987

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 10:01:05 am »
Good morning and thank you for taking the time to reply. The passenger numbers doesn’t really have much effect. My normal flights are with the FSlabs airbus 319/320 or PMDG Boeing 737-700/800. So pax numbers are normally over the 100+ mark. I even for a test tried a fully loaded PMDG 777-200LR and the same problem still arises at default jetways. I know I am not supposed to see passengers on default jetways. That side of things has always been like that and doesn’t bother me. It’s just the timing of 120+ passengers loading and unloading within 3-5 seconds. Yet baggage works perfectly fine and still loads/unloads in the normal fashion.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

P.S I am off work due to illness. I can make a short YouTube vid to show if this helps in any way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:11:04 am »
It’s just the timing of 120+ passengers loading and unloading within 3-5 seconds. Yet baggage works perfectly fine and still loads/unloads in the normal fashion.

As I've said, this is entirely normal, and it's how is supposed to be. You are not really supposed to use default jetways anymore: that's the whole point of having GSX L2 to begin with.

steveo1731987

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:19:50 am »
With the greatest of respects. I’m not great when it comes to editing and modify airports to add SODE jetways everywhere. Before the last update everything just worked. It doesn’t now. A jetway is a Jetway regarding if it’s default or not passengers shouldn’t unload in 3-5 seconds. I don’t have time to spend replacing jetways. By the time I will do that I’ve lost all will to fly and what’s the point playing a flight simulator. With GSX I will be a airport tycoon instead modifying all gates at airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 10:34:04 am »
With the greatest of respects. I’m not great when it comes to editing and modify airports to add SODE jetways everywhere.

In default airports, you don't have to do anything, since jetways are replaced automatically by GSX.

In 3rd party airports, the ability to upgrade jetways to SODE without waiting for a scenery update that might never come, was supposed to be the main selling feature of GSX L2.

If you don't feel like editing, there are hundreds of pre-made customization files made by users you can download from the sharing section of this forum. I think you'll find most to the popular 3rd party airports that don't come with SODE jetways, already covered.

Before the last update everything just worked. It doesn’t now.

It's working right now, as designed.

I don’t have time to spend replacing jetways

You don't have to. Just use a pre-made customization file. There are plenty here, in the Sharing area of the forum, and there are websites and Facebook group specialized in making GSX config files as well.

skycamel

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 05:31:43 pm »

Passengers will be visible only with SODE ( or GSX/SODE ) jetways ...

Would you care to elaborate on that? All of the SODE jetways are not transparent (at least at EDDM) so obviously I wouldn't see any passengers?
When in cockpit view can however here them talking.

All my default jetways have glass but there I understand I wouldn't see passengers.
Does SODE jetways have any transparent jetways where I could see passengers walking?

Cheers,
Luc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 06:30:47 pm »
Would you care to elaborate on that? All of the SODE jetways are not transparent (at least at EDDM) so obviously I wouldn't see any passengers?

Of course, unless you have a way to place a custom camera inside them, but GSX WILL create visible passengers, if the jetway is SODE.

When in cockpit view can however here them talking.

The sounds will always be made.

All my default jetways have glass but there I understand I wouldn't see passengers.

It's not clear what do you mean with "all my default jetways". Default jetways are surely solid but, even if they weren't, as I've said, GSX will NOT create passengers on default jetways, because default jetways are NOT SODE.

Of course, GSX will *replace* all default jetways with it's own SODE versions when you install it, so they are not default anymore, and in this case, passengers will be created, on default airports that had their jetways replaced by GSX.

As explained so many times, on the forum, and on the manual, if the scenery is not default, but it's a 3rd party scenery that doesn't use SODE jetways already, its jetways will NOT be replaced automatically, you must do it yourself OR download a pre-made customization file for that airport. It's not clear what EDDM you are referring to.

- If you mean default EDDM, then yes, jetways have been replaced by GSX with SODE jetways, but the default replacement model is solid, so even if GSX HAS created passengers, it would be difficult to see them, unless you use a 3rd party camera utility that will allow you to go "inside" the jetway with a camera. But that's just the default replacement model, GSX comes with almost 90 different jetway models to choose from, and many of them are transparent, but you must use the GSX editor to choose the model you want for the airport.

Or, download a pre-made customization file for that airport, which might have been made using transparent jetways.

- If you mean a 3rd party EDDM, nothing has been done by GSX automatically, you must manually replace jetways, following the procedure explained in the manual, or in the various video tutorials that has been posted here.

Or, again, download a pre-made customization file for that airport.

skycamel

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 07:23:53 pm »
Man I'm so so so incredibly sorry to ask questions here.
However one may formulate the question, it always get a very defensive answer from you.
the last few days I read a lot of question's and answers here and it always boils down to you being very condescending in your reply.

Yes I know Sir, if I'm not happy I shouldn't come here and I shouldn't buy your product, I KNOW

Please accept my apologies to be on this world and to dear to ask you a question!

Cheers,
Luc
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 07:18:59 am by skycamel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:34:49 am »
However one may formulate the question, it always get a very defensive answer from you.

I'm sorry, but I really cannot see anything "defensive" in my replies. I only posted the proper and accurate replies required to let you understand the issue.

the last few days I read a lot of question's and answers here and it always boils down to your, in short, f$$$$ you replay.

Again, I really don't know what you are talking about. If you think a reply is inaccurate or not clear enough, then explain how and where, and I'll try to explain it better, as I'm doing right here, multiple times.