Author Topic: All GSX Level 2 jetways lost...  (Read 1884 times)

Ankh

All GSX Level 2 jetways lost...
« on: April 05, 2019, 06:59:29 pm »
Hi all, I have about 10 airports modified with GSX Level 2 jetways. For some weeks, I was not really flying in and out those airports, now I suddenly realize that for example LSZH from Aerosoft has no jetways anymore. I checked via GSX config menue: the exclude file is there, the ini file is loaded. However, for all jetways it tells me "gate has 1 bgl jetway". How can that be?

Important to know: since the last time LSZH was working, I updated the client to v4.4, in order to be able to use PBR addons. Could it be that uninstalling v4.3 content and installing v4.4 content completely disrupted my GSX Level 2 setup? I just checked two additional airports, LEMD and LEBL. The same, GSX menue tells me that the ini is loaded, the exclude files are there and compiled, but just the default SODE jetways from the scenery are shown.

Screenshots to illustrate the issue:

https://abload.de/img/leble6k72.jpg

https://abload.de/img/gsx1pklc.jpg

What I already tried: selected all exclude files and re-compiled -> no effect.

What works is if I go into the GSX menue and start all over again. Then jetways are shown again after another re-compiling.

How do I get my configs back? Thanks for any hint...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:36:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All GSX Level 2 jetways lost...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 09:46:54 am »
I checked via GSX config menue: the exclude file is there, the ini file is loaded. However, for all jetways it tells me "gate has 1 bgl jetway". How can that be?

According to the screenshot you posted, that's not what GSX is telling you. It's telling you that scenery has a SODE jetway.

As explained on the manual, is the scenery (more precisely: a PARKING) already has a SODE jetway, GSX will not allow you to further customizing it, assuming if the scenery developer took the effort to include SODE jetways in the scenery, since they integrate with GSX boarding/deboarding and passengers will use them, it's no use replacing them with GSX L2 models.

I see you have a customization file made by Cartayna: maybe that file was made to customize all the various GSX parking positions for vehicles, custom pushback locations, operators, but NOT jetways ?

Or, possibly, if it was made with GSX L2 jetways, it came with instructions how to disable the SODE jetways that came with the scenery ? That answers the 2nd part of your question: why you don't seem to be able to exclude jetways with the GSX Control Panel: this is entirely NORMAL, since the GSX Control Panel can ONLY used to exclude jetways made using the default animation system, by creating an Exclude .BGL, which is the standard way of excluding things in the simulator.

SODE jetways, instead, can only be excluded by removing them from their SODE XML file, usually located under %PROGRAMDATA%\12bPilot\SODE\XML and it's something you should do it yourself, for the following reasons:

- Those files were made by the original scenery developers, and it wouldn't be right if GSX tried to modify them automatically. This is different than creating an Exclude file, in our own folder, which exclude the objects without touching any of the original scenery files.

- Those SODE XML files might be used for other SODE-related things in the scenery so, ideally, you would want to be sure you are removing *only* jetways, not just the whole file.

Ankh

Re: All GSX Level 2 jetways lost...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 02:12:25 pm »
Thanks for the reply, I was mixing things up in my question. Of course, the "gate has 1 bgl jetway" was for Aerosoft Zurich Professional, the screenshot shows, as you said, a scenery with XML based SODE jetways.

Anyway, I think the reason for my messed up GSX Level 2 was the fact that I replaced some AFCADs with newer/adjusted ones. I now reconfigured everything as it should be and so far it is fine. Sorry for the inconvenience...