Author Topic: P3D crashes without any error message  (Read 4350 times)

mosherbl

P3D crashes without any error message
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:04:18 am »
Hello
New here and just installed KLAX  and really hope you can help me
Whenever I position the aircraft on a runway right after accelerating for few seconds P3D crashes
I use P3d v 4.4, ORBX
Any idea why?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D crashes without any error message
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:45:07 am »
Whenever I position the aircraft on a runway right after accelerating for few seconds P3D crashes

You mean the sim crashes soon after you start the takeoff run ? Does it happen only at KLAX ?

mosherbl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:14:51 pm »
Hi

Yes and yes. P3D crashes during the takeoff and only in KLAX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 09:51:06 am »
Have you tried running the Live Update now ? We fixed yesterday a problem with usernames using non-ascii characters which was the cause of a crash.

However, it happened everywere, not just at KLAX, so it might not fix your problem. Are you sure it's the airport the problem ? Try setting all AI Traffic to 0%, most of the times an AI crashes the sim, and it's easy to be mislead it's caused by the airport, because the AI might appear only *there*, due to its livery, schedule, departure parking, etc.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:53:37 am by virtuali »

mosherbl

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 07:23:48 pm »
Thank you for your reply. I'll check the update I hope it will solve it. The thing is I do want to use  AI traffic so hope it won't be the issue.
I have no other sceneries ever installed for KLAX or California at all
Maybe the GSX causing it? I bought other sceneries from FSDT and afraid of installing them
Any way I will check that  soon and update here
Thank you!

mosherbl

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 12:33:40 am »
Sorry
No good! Still crashes without any error message .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:35:15 am »
Try again with all AI traffic at 0%

mosherbl

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 06:14:34 pm »
Did that. Put all AI to 0. still crashes
Other sceneries of FSDT like KMEM, KLAS work fine
HELP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 06:16:24 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem, and nobody else reported it before.

Try setting Autogen at 0%.

mosherbl

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 12:06:16 am »
As a summary to that had to uninstall ALL the sceneries I bought from FSDT, since it caused random crashes on default P3D4 airports too which I cannot allow. I also don't want to set autogen to 0 or change the AI. By doing all that everything went back yo normal again. Too bad it can cause such crashes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 11:10:20 am »
. I also don't want to set autogen to 0 or change the AI.

I asked to do it AS TEST, to prove you the problem was not anything from FSDT. Once we knew that, you could investigate it further. Nobody said you had to *keep* your settings that way.

By doing all that everything went back yo normal again. Too bad it can cause such crashes

No, KLAX scenery doesn't cause any crash, and of course nobody ever reported it, clearly indicating the problem was something else. But since you didn't wanted to TEST that way, using the TESTING settings as I've suggested, we'll never know.

A common cause were users can be easily mislead "The airport cause a crash", when it's not, is some AI or Autogen objects that DO NOT come with the airport, and have a problem and, due to the different AI schedule comparing when the airport is installed or not, or due to the different Autogen exclusion when the airport is installed or not, can be easily mislead you the airport was a problem "because it's fixed when I uninstall it" but, even if this SEEMS reasonable, that's not what's happening.

What's really happening, instead, if the presence of the airport is triggering the appearance of some objects (AI or Autogen) that are coming from other products, which are the real cause of the crash, and they don't appear if the airport is not installed.

That's why I asked to try with AI and Autogen at the lowest settings.

So, please, don't think you have fixed the problem by uninstalling KLAX, because you haven't, and the problem will likely surface again somewhere else. KLAX doesn't crash the simulator, it's a scenery that has been working for everybody since years, and if it really crashed the simulator (it's NOT) we would have heard it by now, and obviously fixed it.