Author Topic: Mr. Virtuali, please help! GSX non-responsive  (Read 2928 times)

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
Mr. Virtuali, please help! GSX non-responsive
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:51:40 pm »
I had problems with GSX activation after moving to a new PC. There's a thread about this I started near here.

I eventually had to resort to adding the activation key via the Registry. After that both GSX and GSX2 showed active.

But today, actually trying to use GSX, it doesn't respond at all, whether the You Control keypress is used or the by-pass one. I tried reassigning these keys in case something else was grabbing them, but nothing worked.

So, it is a step backwards from yesterday's situation where it did respond by only offered me trial mode airports.

I've uninstalled GSX and Addon Manager and installed again.  When  do that it is still not possible to enter the GSX key, only the GSX2 one. Selecting the option for GSX simply does nothing other than close the dialogue and returning to P3D4. Hence my resorting to entering the key directly into the Registry.

Please advise. How do I get to actually use GSX on my new PC, please?

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mr. Virtuali, please help! GSX non-responsive
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 12:56:55 pm »
I already replied in another thread. If you still have issues, contact me with a PM.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 01:25:29 pm »
I already replied in another thread. If you still have issues, contact me with a PM.

Okay. If you read this entry you'd see that the issues are different in any case. But I'll PM. not sure why it needs to be secretive support though ...

Thanks,
Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 01:29:24 pm »
Okay. If you read this entry you'd see that the issues are different in any case. But I'll PM. not sure why it needs to be secretive support though ...

I (maybe I'm wrong), you would have appreciated some more personal support, and instead you are flagging "secretive"...ok, if that's a problem, we can continue in public but, since I'm fairly sure you have a non-typical system ( a home cockpit never is ), it's likely and way more efficient, if we could just have something like a TM session, so I could have a look at it, rather then bouncing back and forth with forum messages that wouldn't likely help anybody else, since I'm fairly sure all eventual suggestions won't apply to most systems.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 02:01:32 pm »

I (maybe I'm wrong), you would have appreciated some more personal support, and instead you are flagging "secretive"...ok, if that's a problem

Not a problem. Sorry, i didn't mean it in any critical way. I know that in my suport forum i if i get support questions I always ask them to post in the Forum proper. I just don't like PMs much.  They are useful when someone has a problem with keys and wishes to show me stuff that shouldn't be public, but even then i tend to offer my email address as emails are far easier for me to deal with and refer back to.

since I'm fairly sure you have a non-typical system ( a home cockpit never is ), it's likely and way more efficient, if we could just have something like a TM session, so I could have a look at it, rather then bouncing back and forth with forum messages that wouldn't likely help anybody else, since I'm fairly sure all eventual suggestions won't apply to most systems.

Okay. Actually I think i've already sent a PM, but if not (i don't see it in my Outbox), how about email? petedowson@btconnect.com?

Best Regards
Pete

sw34669

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 09:18:24 pm »
are you also running FSUIPC Pete ? :)

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 09:24:09 pm »
are you also running FSUIPC Pete ? :)

Of course.