Author Topic: Passengers boarding from van  (Read 3280 times)

a320wolf

Passengers boarding from van
« on: April 15, 2019, 05:05:26 pm »
Hi guys,
I use FSLabs A320X (latest version released last week, but it happens with the previous one as well): I insert the payload in the FMC and after that I request the boarding.

Each time the little VAN arrives and some passengers get out (more than 10 people). Then the van goes aways and the bus arrives.
Now, why the little VAN with so many passengers inside it ?  ??? And no, I don't talk about the crew members boarding.

Thanks for any advice.
Bye, Max

Bushido

Re: Passengers boarding from van
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:28:01 pm »
I have the same issue.
I board 165 PAX through a little Van.

Also the cargo use belt instead of AKH pod, I do change the "BELT" by "AKH" in the Aircraft gsx.cfg but it keep going back to Belt.
Any idea ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:12:49 pm »
The FS Labs is supposed to set itself the number of passengers for GSX.

If the Van arrived first, it was because when the Van was created, the number of passengers set by the A320 was small enough for the Van, but then it apparently changed after GSX decided to use a Van. On the 2nd trip, a Bus arrived, because of the now higher passenger number.

So, from your report, it seems the A320 has set the passenger number too late, after GSX already selected the bus type, becoming correct only on the 2nd trip.

I suggest reporting this to FS Labs, perhaps asking them exactly HOW and WHEN you are supposed to set the the passenger number from the airplane FMC.

a320wolf

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 07:29:26 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for the explanation.

Apart for the second trip with the bus, why I see so many passengers for a small van more then the quantity it can contain ?

Thanks!
Bye, Max

Bushido

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:52 pm »
Hello Roberto.

And for the aircraft profil that keep using belt instead of AKH ULD even though I make the change in the related gsx.cfg is it something you can correct or is it to be adressed by FSLab ?
It seems that the A320 re-create each an every time a new gsx.cfg deleting all change made to the file.

srcooke

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:46:04 pm »
Hello Roberto.

And for the aircraft profil that keep using belt instead of AKH ULD even though I make the change in the related gsx.cfg is it something you can correct or is it to be adressed by FSLab ?
It seems that the A320 re-create each an every time a new gsx.cfg deleting all change made to the file.

And if you are using the new airline pack system you have update the fltsim.ini associated with that airline?

EDIT: the saved configuration gets overwritten despite the airline option of FSL.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:03:44 pm by srcooke »
Regards
Stephen Cooke

Bushido

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 01:53:55 pm »
Indeed the solution was to change the option in the cfg of both the livery and the airline pack. (It is actually explained in the FSLab document regarding the aicraft option, I overlooked it)
It take precedence over the gsx.cfg.
I have made the change and now it is ok it use ULD as I wish.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 07:46:48 am »
Apart for the second trip with the bus, why I see so many passengers for a small van more then the quantity it can contain ?

As I've said, it's because the airplane changed the passenger number after the Van already started to move. It should have set it (or you should have done whatever operation required to affect it) BEFORE calling GSX Boarding.

We'll try to add some additional code in GSX to prevent this, by re-checking the passengers number variable again, just before the passengers should appear.