Author Topic: JFK stuck in trial version  (Read 3734 times)

aman13

JFK stuck in trial version
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:56:56 pm »
Hello,

I assume this topic has been posted before however, I have not been able to find a solution. I downloaded the JFK demo for my FSX with acceleration installed and SP1. upon purchase I restarted the simulator and still, the JFK scenery is in demo mode. There are no buildings even though the addon manager tells me it is activated!

This is very frustrating because I paed for it

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK stuck in trial version
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:44 pm »
Sorry, but "no buildings", is NOT Demo mode!

This has been said too many times already: the demo mode is NOT a scenery with something missing. It's *exactly* like the full version, just it lasts only 6 minutes, before you need to restart FSX and having another 6 minutes of trial, and so on, until you register.

So, if you don't see any buildings, it doens't mean the activation has gone wrong and you are in demo mode, it's just mean something in your system is preventing the scenery to run, so it's just not working.

Check you also have the "Couatl Powered plugin" menu, in addition to the Addon Manager menu under the "Addons" menu.

If you don't, first try to install the Stand-alone Addon Manager, it might fix your installation.

If not, try the following (which was posted the thread below...BTW)

- Remove JFK, reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Manager and the Couatl engine. Don't worry if you see a message that it can't be located, it means it has been successfully removed already.

- Reinstall JFK and be sure you are using the current installer.

- When you run FSX, verify that is asking permission to run the Couatl engine, and clearly reply Yes

- Don't worry if it doesn't run on the 1st try, if it has been just trusted. Exit from FSX, and try again, eventually reboot Windows in the meantime.

If you still don't see the Coautl menu, report back.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 11:14:37 pm by virtuali »