Author Topic: Another elevation error (Don't have ORBX)  (Read 3263 times)

pvupilot

Another elevation error (Don't have ORBX)
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:57:06 pm »
I have uninstalled Orbx SoCal for performance issues, however I still get KLAS on a plateau. And when flying by, the terrain/autogen loads like it's trying to load 2 different sceneries and elevations. I'm running P3Dv4.4, UTX, GEP3D, Toposim Mesh. I downloaded and installed the latest KLAS installer.

Also, I noticed the Live Updater didn't work for me and a friend. It only updated to something like 2.0.1 where the downloaded file is like 2.0.5. The friend of mine said his didn't update KLAX to the latest. A little off topic but figured I'd throw that in too.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:59:58 pm by pvupilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another elevation error (Don't have ORBX)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:29:37 pm »
I have uninstalled Orbx SoCal for performance issues, however I still get KLAS on a plateau. And when flying by, the terrain/autogen loads like it's trying to load 2 different sceneries and elevations. I'm running P3Dv4.4, UTX, GEP3D, Toposim Mesh. I downloaded and installed the latest KLAS installer.

Then you have another scenery which caused a similar conflict. OrbX is only the most commonly used, but there might be others, like the 3rd party mesh you are using, for example.

Also, I noticed the Live Updater didn't work for me and a friend. It only updated to something like 2.0.1 where the downloaded file is like 2.0.5. The friend of mine said his didn't update KLAX to the latest. A little off topic but figured I'd throw that in too.

You are not supposed to see the version number changing when you run the Live Update. That will only tell you which version you originally used when installing but, even if you installed using an installer older than the latest one, the Live Update WILL update it to the latest version of all files.

That's the whole point of having a Live Update system to begin with, so you don't have to worry about the version of the installer you use to install a product, and you don't have to download the installer again.

pvupilot

Re: Another elevation error (Don't have ORBX)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:47:37 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Bummer. I deleted my Toposim Nevada mesh and that solved it. I guess I can live without that mesh for the Vegas area. And I didn't know that about the Live Updater, I thought it would show the version installed after running the update. Thanks for taking the time to explain all of it.