Author Topic: PHOG CTD Testing  (Read 4990 times)

jayjon01

PHOG CTD Testing
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:49:13 pm »
All,

So after experiencing several CTD's on P3Dv4.3 which approaching Maui from the east, I decided to start testing various temporary solutions to make flying to PHOG possible. First, I purchased the Hawaiian Airport 1 &2 along with Honolulu several months ago. I typically fly the PMDG 737, or 747 to the islands. I have also flown the QW 787, and Captainsim 757. On all the flights, at approximately 20 Miles from the airport, on the HAIKU ONE arrival, usually transitioning through 17,000 feet (sometimes upwards of 17,400) I will get a CTD. During this I am running UTLIVE as a traffic program. So I decided to run several tests, keep in mind I have no other Hawaiian scenery except FSDT ones:

1st: QW 787, 20 miles out CTD 16,800Ft
2nd: PMDG 737-900, 21 miles out, 17,290 ft CTD
3rd: PMDG 747-400, 20 miles out, 17,000 ft, CTD
4th: Captainsim 757, 20 miles out, 16,900 ft, CTD

So, I changed couple things around, and when I ran UTLIVE (AI program), or disable UTLIVE and run the default AI, I would get a CTD. Now when I disable UTLIVE (Shift /F11F12), and all other traffic, then I get no CTD's and im able to make a full flight into PHOG. One solutiuon that I have found is to disable all traffic you have at approx 30 miles from shore. After you reach the west side of the island (HARPO way point) turn them all back on and you will be able to land at PHOG without a CTD.

So obviously there is an issue with the AFCAD/ADE for PHOG, when it interacts with third party AI traffic programs, and default traffic. For the record I have tried numerous traffic programs, free and paid, which all result in a CTD when approaching the island from the east. The weird thing is that when approaching the island from Honolulu or from the west, there is no CTD.

So just some observations from couple months of testing. Would like to see someone rebuild the AFCAD, to see if that results in a different result. Love the scenaries! FSDT is the best out there!

Jay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHOG CTD Testing
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 11:45:49 am »
Now when I disable UTLIVE (Shift /F11F12), and all other traffic, then I get no CTD's

So obviously there is an issue with the AFCAD/ADE for PHOG, when it interacts with third party AI traffic programs, and default traffic.

In fact, the only thing obvious here, is the problem is caused by UT Live, because you said you get no crashes when you disable it.

The problem is not the scenery AFCAD, but it's likely one of those AI that has missing/corrupted files or it's just not made for P3D4 (almost no AI 3rd party products have 100% of their models made for P3D) and, because of the different parking assignment codes and different number of parking spots compared to the default scenery, you get an AI model which is causing the problem, which you might not get otherwise if you had the default scenery, so I can see why you can be mislead into thinking the scenery has a problem.

If the scenery was the problem, it should crash even with UT Live disabled, and you said it doesn't.

jayjon01

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 02:43:11 am »
I think it might be a thoroughness issue also.if you were thorough in reading my post, you would of noticed I stated that I tested it with multiple AI platforms...So, it’s not always an AI problem,missing texture etc, etc, etc..which has been your standard answer for everything. Be better...be more thorough in developing your products, and be better at customer service, and don’t get so defensive all the time. Still support FSDT.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:11 pm »
 Do you by any chance use the Global AI ships package?

jayjon01

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 02:10:59 am »
No I don’t. I have been afraid to use that package after when I had P3Dv3. Every time I would do time excelleration, and go from 8X back down to regular time I would get a CTD when it was reloaded the traffic. The thing about this Hawaii scenery is it only happens from one side of the island, and only when about 20 miles out. As everyone knows about UTLIve, it only utilizes certain models and reprints. Those models and textures are used everywhere basically throughout the sim. The airlines that are seen in Hawaii, are also seen in Japan, Oceana, and the West cost of the US. The registrations don’t change, like if you are using a FSX AI package like WOAI. So if it was an issue with the AI, then I would also get a CTD at other airports that have that same traffic.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 01:39:45 pm »
I think it might be a thoroughness issue also.if you were thorough in reading my post, you would of noticed I stated that I tested it with multiple AI platforms...

I read the whole post, of course, but the one and only sentence of yours that matters was this one:

Now when I disable UTLIVE (Shift /F11F12), and all other traffic, then I get no CTD's

This completely clears the scenery from being responsible of the CTD. Fact you tried with multiple AIs, only proves they might both have similar issues ( AI not made for P3D4, which are known to cause CTDs), surely not the *airport* is the culprit, but your report of getting rid of CTD by "disabling UT2 and all the other traffic", surely indicates it's something related to some kind of traffic, which might not even be AI, could be Boats, Cars, etc. but not the airport.

Be better...be more thorough in developing your products, and be better at customer service, and don’t get so defensive all the time. Still support FSDT.

I'm not being  "defensive", I only stating facts based on YOUR own report, which was "when I disable UTLIVE (Shift /F11F12), and all other traffic, then I get no CTD's". As long you don't change this report, I can only assume is accurate so, until then, lacking more data, it's clearly not a problem of the scenery.

Every time I would do time excelleration, and go from 8X back down to regular time I would get a CTD when it was reloaded the traffic

Further proving the scenery is not the cause, since it's only AI that gets refreshed when switching back from 8x to a lower acceleration.

flyblueskies

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 11:49:37 pm »
Do you by any chance use the Global AI ships package?

Hi Dave, you've helped me in the past with UT Live...anyway, I do have Global AI Ships package...is there a particular model that might cause the CTD or should I simply disable Global AI Ships when flying around PHOG?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 12:06:21 am »
 There have been known ships included in the various version that will cause CTD's around the Hawaiian islands. Try removing the entire set of AI ship traffic bgl's or just the AI ships themselves and see how it is around Maui and the surrounding islands. I removed them quite some time ago (Pre P3d v4) and haven't re-added them so I can't really provide much for details.