Author Topic: ULD loader suggestion  (Read 4181 times)

Koen

ULD loader suggestion
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:03:07 pm »
for an aircraft like an a320 or a321 and sometimes even an a319 some airliners use a ULD loader. i would love to see some more variety in this as the current ones are more suitable for larger aircraft.
yesterday i saw a jbt clt8-a.
https://www.jbtc.com/-/media/images/aerotech/products-services/ground-support-equipment/cargo-loaders/clt8-ba.ashx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ULD loader suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:27:46 am »
The ULD container in your screenshot, as the code says, it's an AKH, which is *precisely* what we configured by default to use with all the internally supported A320/A321 and, in fact, is the ONLY ULD that an A320/321 can use so, it's perfectly suited for the airplane, no other type can be used, it is what we configured for those airplanes so, why you said it's for a "larger" aircraft, when it's an ULD made specifically for the smaller Airbuses ?

So no, more "variety" for A319/320/321 would be wrong, since they can only use one kind of container (the one GSX is already configured to use by default on the internally supported A320/321).

Of course, you are free to change the airplane configuration as you like, but it would be unrealistic for such airplanes to use any other ULD than the one we specified for them.

Koen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 11:32:48 am »
The ULD container in your screenshot, as the code says, it's an AKH, which is *precisely* what we configured by default to use with all the internally supported A320/A321 and, in fact, is the ONLY ULD that an A320/321 can use so, it's perfectly suited for the airplane, no other type can be used, it is what we configured for those airplanes so, why you said it's for a "larger" aircraft, when it's an ULD made specifically for the smaller Airbuses ?

So no, more "variety" for A319/320/321 would be wrong, since they can only use one kind of container (the one GSX is already configured to use by default on the internally supported A320/321).

Of course, you are free to change the airplane configuration as you like, but it would be unrealistic for such airplanes to use any other ULD than the one we specified for them.
I am not asking for a different uld container. I am asking for an uld loader that only accepts the AKH. We currently have two variants of the same one which is commonly seen with wide body aircraft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:47:17 am »
I am not asking for a different uld container. I am asking for an uld loader that only accepts the AKH. We currently have two variants of the same one which is commonly seen with wide body aircraft.

The loader we use ( FMC Commander 15 ), is perfectly suited for the A319/A320/A321 family:

https://mercurygseltd.com/aircraft-loader/

Yes, of course, it's not the only loader that can be used on such airplane, but it's surely appropriate for it.