Author Topic: All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- P3D v4 **SOLVED**  (Read 8969 times)

J3Solo

I have run ORBX "Airport Elevation Correction" several times but problem not solved.  Everything else looks perfectly normal.
What can I do to fix this? KLAS is my default starting Airport.
Thanks for any help

Neal Howard
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:36:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 09:46:30 am »
Be sure you have the KLAS compatibility fix released by Orbx on their forum.

Renoi71

All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- FSX
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 02:53:40 am »
Hello Support

So, for two days I read, read and reread almost all the subjects about the problems with "KLAS FSdreamteam" about boarding gates ...
I try all your solution without success ... the doors are always at the top of the airport ...
I specify that I own "ORBX, AES Airport Enhancement Services, US Cities X Las Vegas, KLAS Fsdreamteam"

-I installed the patch "cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL" nothing happens
-I have activated and deactivated AEC for KLAS nothing happens ...
-I have reinstalled the latest version "GSX, Addon ManagerX and Las Vegas, always nothing ...
-I have disabled all the "BLG" as said on your forum.
PFFFF
I'm starting to get fed up with reading tons of suggestions and not finding a solution to the problem ... >:( >:(
On the other hand when I activate KLAS with "AES" the doors are in the right location but I always have the other doors higher than the airport ...
So how to do ???????
Thank you.

pedrault

Re: All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- FSX
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 05:33:57 pm »
Hello Support

So, for two days I read, read and reread almost all the subjects about the problems with "KLAS FSdreamteam" about boarding gates ...
I try all your solution without success ... the doors are always at the top of the airport ...
I specify that I own "ORBX, AES Airport Enhancement Services, US Cities X Las Vegas, KLAS Fsdreamteam"

-I installed the patch "cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL" nothing happens
-I have activated and deactivated AEC for KLAS nothing happens ...
-I have reinstalled the latest version "GSX, Addon ManagerX and Las Vegas, always nothing ...
-I have disabled all the "BLG" as said on your forum.
PFFFF
I'm starting to get fed up with reading tons of suggestions and not finding a solution to the problem ... >:( >:(
On the other hand when I activate KLAS with "AES" the doors are in the right location but I always have the other doors higher than the airport ...
So how to do ???????
Thank you.

Hi,

Same bad result for me after I followed the instructions step by step couple of times. Note that I dont have AES Airport Enhancement Services, US Cities X Las Vegas only KLAS Fsdreamteam ORBX and ORBX South California

Thanks in advance for your help

Pierre

pedrault

Re: All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- P3D v4
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 02:33:48 am »
I found this solution on orbx forum:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107872-sca-compatibility-with-fsdreamteam-klas/?page=3#comment-1246044

With this too:

"DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .bgl.off)
>>> in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery
FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl.OFF
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl.OFF

>>> in \Scenery\World\Scenery
ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF

>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
mesh_terrain.bgl.OFF
CVX_KLAS.BGL.OFF

ADD: (by extracting and moving the file attached below)
>>> in \fsdreamteam\KLAS\scenery
cvx_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatibility.BGL "

Renoi71

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 08:59:09 pm »
Hey pierre

Yes yes I saw this posts too .... Did you test it?
For me I tested them and without results ...
Problem Found

-the buildings disappeared
-Marking on floor dispared
-Or other problems ....

May I still try again, I'll keep you up to date ....
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 02:46:19 am by Renoi71 »

J3Solo

Re: All Jetways are about 100 feet above the parking spot- P3D v4 **SOLVED**
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »
Why is this problem marked as solved? It certainly is not for me. Before getting my jetways to ground level (yes, that part is fixed), everything else was normal. Now the runways are surrounded by cliffs and deep valleys. Taxiways may get to a runway or lead to a drop into a canyon.  This is true for both P3D v3 and v4.
Another question? Why should ORBX be responsible for fixing KLAS?
I do not intend to be rude, simply asking a reasonable question because I did not buy KLAS from ORBX buy from FSDT.

pedrault

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 02:31:42 pm »
Hey pierre

Yes yes I saw this posts too .... Did you test it?
For me I tested them and without results ...
Problem Found

-the buildings disappeared
-Marking on floor dispared
-Or other problems ....

May I still try again, I'll keep you up to date ....

Yes I test it and the jetways are at their position now.

I dont know for the buildings and floors problem as you mentioned I saw nothing special. I did a rapid check and all seem ok

Please let me know if you find new problems,

Renoi71

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 08:31:39 pm »
I Pierre

So I re-tested the solution of ORBX here are my results ...

- problem of "Mesh"
- no ground marking
- top view airport not showing

but when you look "again" higher the airport appears ...
it's true the jetway its has the right position, but we see other problems ...
so its does not work.

you have the same problem J3Solo ??
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 08:36:39 pm by Renoi71 »

J3Solo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 09:11:15 pm »
I did not check all your views but Basically my KLAS is the same as yours: a few taxi markings, o runway/taxi signs, runways only touch ground in a few places. What is even stranger is that planes taxi about ten feet above ground. I have wasted MANY hours trying all these so -called fixes
I am giving up for now so that I can enjoy actual Flight Simming. Too bad really, KLAS has been my  Default airport for almost a year

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 09:54:04 pm »
I do not intend to be rude, simply asking a reasonable question because I did not buy KLAS from ORBX buy from FSDT.

I'm sorry but, you are confusing cause with effect.

KLAS obviously works with the default scenery and it's just wrong to demand for a fix here, for a problem we haven't caused in the first place. If some developer is selling a global scenery, it's his own responsibility to be sure it doesn't cause problems to other developers airports and it's just wrong asking for a solution to us, which are just the victims of the issue, not the cause.

Since this has always been an entirely OrbX issue, there's a fix on OrbX forum, which supposedly repair the problem they caused in the first place but, since I don't have any OrbX scenery installed so, I can only report what other users reported about this, which confirmed all the elevation problems at KLAS CAUSED BY ORBX, were fixed, as you can see in this thread, aptly named "Issue between fsdt KLAS and Orbx has been solved!"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15841.msg116429.html#msg116429

If you follow that thread, there was initially an issue that, running the FSDT Live Update would remove the OrbX fix but, the Live Update was updated in June, as soon this issue was reported, so we leave the OrbX fix in place now.

Jetranger

• Jetranger
3/4/2019

as I've said so many times in different forums , too many Flight Simmers attempting to "Inject" too much "other Crap" into their Flight Sims praying it'll work and when it does "NOT", they'll spend "copious amounts of time" on Forum Boards seeking solutions & fixes.

MILK & Whisky just don't go good together, unless you like being Sick !!!!!!

Really, NOT all these Flight Sim products work in conjunction with each other, properly, nor, were they meant to !!

Its Obvious that FSDT KLAS / Las Vegas Airport was NOT developed with ORBX Scenery in mind back when it was developed and probably for GOOD REASON !!!

That's the issue many of you seem to be having is with ORBX Scenery !!

I Purchased FSDT KLAS / Las Vegas Airport and had NO issues with the airport installing or displaying everything fine !!

I installed it into an FSX Gold / Acceleration "BOXED EDITION" , Yes I still have the original Disks !

After that I researched 1st what other Add On scenery would work with this airport, after reading several forum boards across the web, obviously ORBX / FTX was NOT going to be a wise choice !

So, I chose the "FREEWARE" - "Donation ware"  BLUE SKY SCENERY which covers a large part of NEVADA and surrounding area around Las Vegas and it blended and mixed in very good and enhanced the surrounding area perfectly, without any issues or problems.

providing you install and set it up correctly , listing the FSDT Airport KLAS at a "higher priority" than Blue Sky Scenery in your Flight Sim set up folder structure .

I'm just amazed that so many Sim Pilots just wanna "CRAM" all kinds of "other Products", several products into their sims and think Magically their just supposed to work, just because,,, well it said so in the description or box,,,, so, it must be so huh ????

Everything from :
ORBX / FTX
Active Sky Art
Rex Sky Force weather
FS Global Sky Weather
AES
MY TRAFFIC
TRAFFIC 360
Traffic Global

Really do MILK & Whisky go good together ?????? (without getting Sick) ???

I purchased my Flight Simulator to FLY and Enjoy, NOT spend copious amounts of time on Forum Boards trying to get products that were NOT originally designed to work with other developers products that weren't originally designed to in the 1st place !!!!

Example ORBX / FTX and FSDT Airports , and any other developers products,,,,,,,,,,,,

Those with PREPAR 3D V.4 might be interested in reading this from PMDG's Robert Randazzo (Article from PC Pilot Magazine)  

PMDG’s Robert Randazzo Offers Advice on Prepar3D Version 4

LINK :  https://pcpilot.keypublishing.com/2017/06/21/18774/

With that, I think it is important to have a brief discussion of basic survival skills- because our support team is beginning to see some "really wild stuff" taking place with Prepar3D v4- and nearly all of it is  “user induced”  !!!!!  

We really want you to avoid these pitfalls so that you can enjoy the new, stable, smooth simulation without having to waste time sorting out “what screwed up my sim now?”

Prepar3D v4 is stable.  It is probably one of the more stable simulation releases we have seen in years.

Prepar3D v4 is NOT v3.  It is NOT FSX.  It is NOT FSX-SE.  

Do "NOT" install aircraft, scenery, utilities into Prepar3D v4 that were "NOT" designed using the Prepar3D v4 SDK.  (Re-read that sentence it is important!)

Do "NOT" force Prepar3D v4 to utilize scenery that you "previously had installed" for Prepar3D v3, FSX, FSX-SE !!!

Do "NOT" use utilities designed to allow you to - “unify” - your installations by feeding "non-Prepar3D v4" scenery/utilities into Prepar3D v4.

The most important piece of knowledge you can have to maintain stability of Prepar3D v4:

NOW Go read the Entire Article LINK above which appeared in PC Pilot Magazine !!!

Quit trying to drink MILK & Whisky thinkin' ya won't get Sick !!!!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:37:16 pm by Jetranger »