Author Topic: Spawn points  (Read 6434 times)

CzarWilkins

Spawn points
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:41:23 am »
Hellow!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

Its me again with a posible future update option.

I would like to manually set the default spawn point for buses, baggage trucks, catering and so on at the airport.  Could be in the customize airport position dialog.  Even the spawn point for people when you dont need the buses in those very small aiports.  SPCL for example, TNCB, even TNCM. 8)  8)  8)  8).  Sorry for bad english ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Spawn points
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 02:23:45 pm »
I would like to manually set the default spawn point for buses, baggage trucks, catering and so on at the airport.

As explained in the manual, and as discussed so many times in the forum, GSX will use the nearest parking of the Vehicle type for vehicles, and the nearest parking of the Fuel type, for fuel trucks.

So, if the AFCAD of the scenery is made correctly, they will spawn when they are supposed to.

If the AFCAD of the scenery is not made correctly, lacking these, a random parking will be used instead so, you can use the free ADE utility to add these points, doing exactly what you are asking.

Could be in the customize airport position dialog.

No need to duplicate in GSX something that is already possible to do with a very good freeware utility.

Even the spawn point for people when you dont need the buses in those very small aiports. 

This has also discussed so many times on the forum, even very recently, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20310.msg140133.html#msg140133

blaunarwal

• Computerpilot since FS4 (1990)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 08:01:25 am »
As explained in the manual, and as discussed so many times in the forum, GSX will use the nearest parking of the Vehicle type for vehicles, and the nearest parking of the Fuel type, for fuel trucks.

If I add fuel parkings and vehicle parkings, the bus and the fuel truck spawn at the fuel parking. The vehicle parkings are much closer to the aircraft, but the bus comes from the farest fuel parking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 11:30:02 am »
If I add fuel parkings and vehicle parkings, the bus and the fuel truck spawn at the fuel parking. The vehicle parkings are much closer to the aircraft, but the bus comes from the farest fuel parking.

It's not enough they are closer, they must also be connected correctly so they can reach the parking. If they aren't, so a path cannot be calculated, a fuel parking will be used instead (they fuel truck will of course use the fuel parking by preference), and even if *that* cannot be connected, a regular parking taken at random will be used.

blaunarwal

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 02:36:21 pm »

It's not enough they are closer, they must also be connected correctly so they can reach the parking. If they aren't, so a path cannot be calculated, a fuel parking will be used instead (they fuel truck will of course use the fuel parking by preference), and even if *that* cannot be connected, a regular parking taken at random will be used.

The vehicle parkings are well connected but the bus spawns at an aircraft parking on the other side of the airport. I connected the parking via a path going around the aircraft parking and then links to the taxiway path. Maybe I should connect it directly to the taxiway (shortest way).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 02:49:01 pm »
The vehicle parkings are well connected but the bus spawns at an aircraft parking on the other side of the airport. I connected the parking via a path going around the aircraft parking and then links to the taxiway path. Maybe I should connect it directly to the taxiway (shortest way).

GSX will prefer using vehicle parking and vehicle paths, even if they are not the shortest way. But up to a point. If the vehicle parking + vehicle paths way is *really* too long, it will use a different parking. It's a weighting system, basically.

blaunarwal

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 10:36:36 pm »
That is the actual situation. Airport is LPLA from TropicalSim. I added 3 vehicle parkings. The aircraft is almost surrounded by them. The bus comes from the other side of the runway from a aircraft parking (red line). I tried to draw a direct line to the taxiway to make it easy to calculate a path. But somehow the routine can not calculate this path.

https://i.imgur.com/5HnpIZN.jpg
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:45:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 10:45:23 pm »
I cannot judge if there's a problem with only a screenshot, I would need the actual AFCAD file.

blaunarwal

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 06:53:51 am »
I cannot judge if there's a problem with only a screenshot, I would need the actual AFCAD file.
I sent to you by mail.

blaunarwal

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 08:11:34 am »
I sent to you by mail.

It works now, but I don't know what made it. After changing the ADE I always reloaded the scenery and renewed the cache from GSX. I had only one wish for the future. Please let the bus be there before it drives away, just when GSX vehicles at the parking are spawned. It looks better, if the bus stands there a moment, before it drives away. Like in the real world, where busses don't fall from heaven.  ;D

CzarWilkins

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 06:56:38 pm »
I would like to manually set the default spawn point for buses, baggage trucks, catering and so on at the airport.

So, if the AFCAD of the scenery is made correctly, they will spawn when they are supposed to.

If the AFCAD of the scenery is not made correctly, lacking these, a random parking will be used instead so, you can use the free ADE utility to add these points, doing exactly what you are asking.

Could be in the customize airport position dialog.

No need to duplicate in GSX something that is already possible to do with a very good freeware utility.

Hellow again!!

I forgot of this post. 

I already modified a stock airport and put the only vehicle

Even the spawn point for people when you dont need the buses in those very small aiports. 

This has also discussed so many times on the forum, even very recently, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20310.msg140133.html#msg140133

Hellow again!!

I forgot of this post. 

I already modified a stock airport and put the only vehicle parking behind some buildings.  Every vehicle spawn from there.  I will test for the fuel truck.

CzarWilkins

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 12:55:40 am »
I have modded several of my favorite airports freeware and payware.  I have moved the vehicles parkings "inside" terminals, now they appear from inside them, more realistic for my liking!  Also added vehicle parkings where nedded.  Also the fuel parkings at the "fuel depots" of the airports, nice nice  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D