Author Topic: Taxiway gear bumps option won't turn off  (Read 9727 times)

molleh

Taxiway gear bumps option won't turn off
« on: February 28, 2019, 03:22:39 am »
For some reason now in my KMEM installation, the gear bumps option won't actually turn off, even when it shows disabled in CouatlAddons.ini (gearbumps = False.) I have to keep this off because the PMDG MD-11 for some reason freaks out whenever a bump goes off, so it's kind of dead in the water until I can get them to turn off properly

molleh

Re: Taxiway gear bumps option won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 04:08:44 am »
Here's a short clip just to visually show the behavior (the capture tool didn't capture the "thud" sounds but you can see the gear bumps visually)

molleh

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 01:59:56 am »
OK, played around some more and realized none of the options (such as showing/hiding the static C5 Galaxies) are actually taking effect. The .ini file gets updated with the appropriate lines, but the sim isn't actually enacting the changes.

edit: Actually it seems all FSDT sceneries I have are not reading the settings properly. KSDF for example, turning the ground traffic on/off isn't reflected in the sim. Again, it changes the ini, but the sim does not reflect the changes.

Forgot to add this is affecting FSX-SE and P3D v4.4 .
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:33:45 am by molleh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 02:05:25 pm »
We'll check this, it's likely is one of the minor things that has already been fixed for the next update.

molleh

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 04:38:57 pm »
We'll check this, it's likely is one of the minor things that has already been fixed for the next update.

Was there some update to Couatl/Addon Manager in the last few weeks? Because this problem has only recently appeared after I did a clean install of everything over the weekend (the settings worked for me prior to this.) It might be something local, although I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what it could possibly be. A few things I can rule out are administrator privileges (everything has them), not running Live Update (did that), verified everything's set up properly in dll.xml / exe.xml and add-ons.cfg, and verified the CoutlAddons.ini is updating.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:40:59 pm by molleh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 12:06:20 am »
Was there some update to Couatl/Addon Manager in the last few weeks?

The last update was December 7th so no, unless with recent you mean 2 months ago, then no, I don't think this was caused by a recent update. But, I'm sure we have already fixed something related to saving those preferences for the next update.

molleh

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 08:24:40 pm »
Was there some update to Couatl/Addon Manager in the last few weeks?

The last update was December 7th so no, unless with recent you mean 2 months ago, then no, I don't think this was caused by a recent update. But, I'm sure we have already fixed something related to saving those preferences for the next update.

Well, just for your information, I've just finished another complete install from total scratch, with nothing else installed - just went straight to installing FSX, P3D, then GSX -> KORD -> KLAX -> KMEM -> KSDF, activated them, then checked, and the settings still won't take effect.

Bill721

Re: Taxiway gear bumps option won't turn off I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.....
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 10:36:14 pm »
Can't change Memphis airport options like:
'enable / disable gear bumps over Taxilights'
'Disable Ground Traffic'
'Disable Human animations scenes'

I make the changes, the text changes acting like it was done, but nothing happens. 

The gear bumps are the same
The Ground traffic is the same
The human animations are the same.

I uninstalled GSX level 2 and Memphis,
I downloaded the latest versions and reinstalled GSX level 2 and Memphis but no change.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running:
P3D v4.3
System
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) 300 Series Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) Desktop Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2   11GB GDDR5X Graphics card
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB  DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200

Addons
RealAir Duke and Duke Turbine
PMDG 737
Kodiak Quest
A2A C182
GLJ Model 25 Jet
FSUIPC5
F1TGTN
Turbine Sound Studio  both 600 and 800
immersive Audio NGX
ActiveSky P3D and Cloud art
FSDreamteam GSX V2
FSDreamteam Memphis
VFXCentral PrecipitFX 737 Immersion
Navigraph
Littlenavmap
ORBX lots of areas
TOGO Envshade and Envtex
New York City X ver 2
New York Airports V2 X (KJFK, KLGA, KTEB)
Little Rock airport
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE AIRPORTS X
DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - SEATTLE CITY X
Flightbeam KSFO
Ultimate Traffic Live

Bill721

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 04:15:39 pm »
is there a temporary fix I can do to resolve this until the actual fix is released?  I can't use ACARs to log flights, required by VA, because the bouncing causes fuel to change for some reason so I can't fly out of or into Memphis until it is resolved.

Umberto thanks for any help you can give.

Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 05:14:31 pm »
As I've said, this has been already fixed in our internal version but, you must have a bit of patience for it to become live.

Bill721

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 09:59:49 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  I'm glad the item has been addressed and just thought there might be an interim resolve while waiting for the official release.

Bill

molleh

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 04:10:16 pm »
Hi Umberto, are we getting close to the update release? It's been quite a while now.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:18:26 pm by molleh »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 10:58:40 pm »
We'll release when testers will stop reporting bugs.

AirBorne

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 07:02:54 am »
So this is the end of June already, is there any kind of fix for these bugs available, even if it's temporary???
This is ruining attempts to simulate properly within the airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 11:07:31 am »
I'm sorry but, we are in no position to release anything now, not even a temporary fix, because we are updating the software to support the Esellerate closure which will happen in a few days.

Until everything works correctly on that side, we cannot publish any update.

P.S.

I removed your offensive message about the passenger appearance. You are welcome to indicate any other package for FSX/P3D that shows a better representation of passengers, something never saw before any other other flight sim.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:09:59 am by virtuali »