Author Topic: Canyons in KIAH  (Read 4831 times)

naddleman

Canyons in KIAH
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:37:02 pm »
There are canyons in the middle of taxiways.  I had Megascenery Earth Texas South East installed.  After uninstalling the Megascenery Earth scenery, I still had the same problem.  How do I fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Canyons in KIAH
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:26:47 am »
It's not very clear from your message, if you have canyons instead of the airport (so it's missing), or you have the airport working fine and the canyons on top of it.

naddleman

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 03:42:12 pm »
When the airplane is parked at the terminal building, the building and loading bridges look normal.  The ramp area also looks normal.  When the airplane is taxing to the runway, there is a canyon across the taxiway.

naddleman

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 04:07:31 pm »
Is there any further information on this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »
So, if I understand correctly, the airport shows up completely, and the canyons are in addition to it. That seems a conflict caused by another scenery, most likely something from OrbX, since they use to cause similar issues.

If you have OrbX vector, for example, disable KIAH in the AEC utility.

naddleman

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:43:22 pm »
I do not have Orbx.  I removed Megascenery Earth South East that contained Houston so the only scenery involved was the default FSX-SE scenery.  I then installed FSDT KIAH and there were still canyons.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »
 DO you have Traffic Global or MyTraffic, any AI Traffic package?

naddleman

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 10:18:33 pm »
No.  I do not have a traffic program installed.  I did a search for "traffic" in my FSX folder.  I found what appear to be "traffic" files that are part of the FSX-SE installation.  Thank you for your continued assistance.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 09:43:19 am »
 Any other possible scenery for KIAH or the area? How about a screenshot?

naddleman

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 05:32:33 pm »
If I did this correctly, I have attached a screen shot showing a white band across the taxiway in front of the aircraft.  As far as I know, the only scenery is the default scenery included with FSX-SE.  The white appears to be a canyon because when the airplane crosses it, the airplane falls in.

I have the weather program Active Sky 2016 installed.

When I have MegaScenery Texas South East installed, the only difference is the white band is in a different location and much wider.  One other thing, when I restart FSX in a location on the taxiway right in front of a "canyon", the displayed scenery momentarily looks proper, but then the "canyon" appears.

Thanks for your continued assistance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 11:13:57 pm »
Try setting the Mesh resolution at 5 or 10 meters/pixel. Not less, but not more.

naddleman

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 11:46:07 pm »
I set it at 5 and everything appeared normal.  I apologize if I missed this in the documentation.

Thank you for sticking with me on this.  I appreciate the support.