Author Topic: Elevation issues  (Read 5278 times)

villaloha

• Canadian Airlines International
Elevation issues
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:09:58 pm »
Attached of a screenshot of weird surface (bridges, etc) I tried with mesh resolution but to no avail. Can anyone please let me know what's appropriate settings under OPTIONS/WORLD? Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Elevation issues
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:26:50 pm »
The problem is caused by OrbX vector, you must configure the airport in the vector elevation utility.

villaloha

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:31:21 pm »
I do not have OrbX.

villaloha

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 08:47:57 pm »
Kindly please advise how to fix this "sinkhole" mostly bridges.

Attached of screenshot of sinkhole and settings. Is there a specific settings to make it work better?

I purchased this because of quality and I would appreciated if you please assist on this, thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 10:50:45 pm »
Have you changed your screenshot after the first post ? I recall it was a bit different, with stuff in the air.

In any case, that's how the scenery is made. Elevated taxiways are not really supported by the simulator, they are done with some kind of hack so, you must accept that visual problem, which happens only from that position. There's no way to fix it, other than making the whole scenery flat.

villaloha

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 02:22:27 pm »
Yes I tested with the other bridges and came out the same problems.

Can you please confirm that the other customers are experiencing the same as mine? Or just only me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 09:28:36 am »
Can you please confirm that the other customers are experiencing the same as mine? Or just only me?

I can see the same thing on my system because, as I've said, that's how the scenery is made and how is supposed to look like.

Every scenery with 3d taxiway bridges has some kind of visual glitches like that, because the simulator engine doesn't really support them (or, more precisely, doesn't support it without screwing up AI, that's why some developers "cheat", by disabling AI on such taxiways) so, it's all normal.

tubbsds

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 09:01:13 pm »
I obviously have this issue as well.  I am wondering how you were able to accomplish this same type of bridge at KDFW but not at KIAH?  It's such a shame because you did such a great job at this airport.  But those bridges kill the immersion.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 12:40:08 am »
I obviously have this issue as well.  I am wondering how you were able to accomplish this same type of bridge at KDFW but not at KIAH?  It's such a shame because you did such a great job at this airport.  But those bridges kill the immersion.

They are made exactly in the same way, we just got lucky that, due how the 3d terrain at KDFW is made, you might not be able to see it from normal angles, but the problem is there too.

tubbsds

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 01:16:19 am »
Ok thanks for the answer.  It's a shame as I love this airport except for those dang bridges!

Dave