Author Topic: Trying to buy LAS?  (Read 5290 times)

03SVTCobra

Trying to buy LAS?
« on: July 22, 2009, 08:40:49 am »
I've downloaded all your demos at some point and tried them out, however I have deleted most of them because I didn't have the money to buy them at the time. I am ready to buy KLAS and have downloaded it and installed it, however every time I try to start FS9 it tells me Chicago O'hare is installed but not activated...well that can't be true because I un-installed it a while back (3 or 4 months). Then when FS9 loads up, I got to Las Vegas, and go to the modules menu to try and buy it, but it isn't listed in the modules menu, yet Chicago-O'hare is.

I'm a bit lost here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trying to buy LAS?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23:53 am »
The program is telling you that O'Hare is installed but not activated, not because the scenery is there, but because you have inserted a serial number for it, which is not activated, probably because it's a fake one so, you will keep getting that question forever, unless you clean up the wrong serial number for O'Hare, which can be done by removing the HKCU\Software\fsdreamteam\OHare key from the registry.

Also, you don't see KLAS in the menu, because you are probably trying to use KLAS with an old (fake ?) Addon Manager version, that will obviously never work with it. So, in order to have KLAS and all other recent sceneries working, you need to use the current version of the Addon Manager (that comes with KLAS), they will never work with older versions.

03SVTCobra

Re: Trying to buy LAS?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 12:52:34 am »
I've never inserted a serial number of any sort, I will try your instructions. I was able to get to the purchase screen of KLAS so I will buy it, and I will try and see if I can find the entry you've referenced to get rid of o'hare.