Author Topic: GSX and Voice Commands?  (Read 2648 times)

Larty737

GSX and Voice Commands?
« on: February 21, 2019, 02:02:02 am »
Hello All,
Is it possible to activate the various commands such as "Operate Jetways", "Prepare for Departure" etc. by voice commands through programs such as Voice Attack.
The on screen menus are distracting and take away from the realism when using a full cockpit with projection screen.
Alternatively is it possible to shift the menu to another place on the screen...say bottom left corner... so it will not fill the centre of the view?
I wait in hope.....
Best regards
Les
Perth
Western Australia

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Voice Commands?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:47:13 pm »
Is it possible to activate the various commands such as "Operate Jetways", "Prepare for Departure" etc. by voice commands through programs such as Voice Attack.

I guess that's possible, if such programs can emulate the keyboard.

Alternatively is it possible to shift the menu to another place on the screen...say bottom left corner... so it will not fill the centre of the view?

It's likely possible, but keep in mind what you call the "GSX menu" is not really the GSX menu. It's the Simconnect menu, which is shared by all applications with a menu, and none of them has any control of its size and position.

See this post on Avsim, which offers some suggestions how to change the menu size permanently:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/495715-change-the-default-size-of-the-menu-windows-in-p3dv34/?do=findComment&comment=3489018

Larty737

Re: GSX and Voice Commands?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 07:09:42 am »
Thanks for the reply,
It all seems to be a little too involved.I was hoping for a simple fix ?!!
I will try again with "Voice Attack" as it does use the key strokes to activate a process or audio file via a voice command at the headset or mic.

Regards
Les

Just had another go at the "voice Attack" approach and found it works quite well, as you can record keystrokes as "macros" and activate by its voice command, The menu still scrolls through the various items on screen, but its preferable than using the keyboard.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:19:40 am by Larty737 »