Author Topic: Can't seem to get Safety Docks to work.  (Read 4224 times)

EdB

Can't seem to get Safety Docks to work.
« on: February 20, 2019, 04:07:14 pm »
Hi All,

Most things I have now figured out with GSX and L2 with P3DV4. There are still a few things I can't seem to master.  One is the safety dock systems. Even in FSDT Vancouver I've had no success. I usually try wall mount or the stand mount, slew my aircraft back a distance, then slew back in, but nothing from the safety dock showing up with regards to stopping distance.  I've also set a parking distance in Parking Editor and the Jetways match the front door. In Vancouver I modified Gate 54 and 55.  In SimAddons Calgary, Gate 80. Also in Fly Tampa Toronto no luck .  It seems I must be missing something .  Appreciate your help.

Ed B.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't seem to get Safety Docks to work.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 04:57:29 pm »
The Docking system works only if you select the parking in GSX.

I'm not sure which docking system you are referring to when discussion 3rd party sceneries:

- If the scenery comes with its own docking system, GSX won't know anything about it so, it will work (or not) depending how the docking system in that scenery was made. Of course, you can try matching the GSX Stop position to what the docking system is telling you but, again, that doesn't guaranteed the logic (or lack of it) in a 3rd party docking system will match GSX one

- If you customized a default scenery by adding a GSX docking system, or a 3rd party scenery by removing the docking system that came with it and replacing it with a GSX docking system, than it will work like any other FSDT scenery as above, meaning you must first select the parking in GSX before taxing to it.

EdB

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:38:01 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the support.

I refer to the safety dock system that you can choose from the GSX Parking editor. With reference to 3rd party scenery, if safedock is already there, then I dont use the GSX one. I only place them where there isn't one already.

So to be clear, after landing I ask GSX for the gate  and when I arrive then the safety dock will be ready?  This is a step I haven't been doing so this could be the missing link. I just thought they would automatically work when you pulled into the parking space.  I will try asking for the gate on next flight and see how it goes. Will reply back and let you know.

Best regards,

Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:37:59 pm »
So to be clear, after landing I ask GSX for the gate  and when I arrive then the safety dock will be ready? 

Yes, just like all the other services.

That would be the most normal usage of GSX, which of course mimic what you would do in real life were the gate has been already assigned to you before landing ( and you can do that in GSX as well), you are normally supposed to select a gate before taxiing there, if only to get a Follow me car, but also so it could have all the vehicles already there for you when you arrive, instead of seeing them popping in.

EdB

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 11:54:08 pm »
Thank you Umberto,

They work as you described.  Appreciate your guidance.

All the Best,

Ed B.

bcars

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 11:01:22 am »
Umberto
Does this mean I can ask gsx for the gate while airborne,  during decent?
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 10:57:07 pm »
Does this mean I can ask gsx for the gate while airborne,  during decent?

Yes, of course, it's a feature that has been there since long ago.

davidr

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 02:22:43 pm »
Hi

Do i have to install the GSX2 to get the safe gate lit? I can see the model but there is no data

Thanks

David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 12:25:26 am »
Do i have to install the GSX2 to get the safe gate lit? I can see the model but there is no data

The GSX docking system has been there since 2012 when GSX was initially released. As I said in this same thread, before it can go active, you must select a Gate with GSX before going there, usually after landing.

Beat578

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 01:42:17 pm »
And it has to be a GSX Safedock...
There are also some modeled by 3rd party developers, but they either work with their own logig (not known to GSX) or are just models with no logic behind. So if you use FSDT Airport, it will work, on every other airport, you have to place the GSX Safedocks first to be able to use them (using the parking configuration)
Beat578