Author Topic: GSX not working, P3D v4.4 freezing and / or CTD with Ctrl+F12  (Read 6050 times)

Gerpilot

GSX not working, P3D v4.4 freezing and / or CTD with Ctrl+F12
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:41:19 pm »
Hi,

i just moved to p3D v4.4.
Everything fine with GSX until yesterday.

Now suddenly, if i am at an airport after sartup P3D the GSX menue (Ctrl+F12) won't come up and P3D freezes.

(And: No buildings in KLAX like mentioned here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20349.0.html)
Edit: De-installed and re-installed all my FSDT sceneries and GSX. Sceneries are working,

GSX doesnot pop up with CTRL+F12 and P3D freezes and then crashes.
(Under Couatl--->Settings i can't confirm ctrl+F12 as it says "already assigned in commons". But even if i assign ctrl+F10 it doesn't work.
shift+ctrl+F12 (gsx menu bypassing youcontrol) does not work either. EDIT:Key assignments work again. But still unable to show the GSX menue.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Standalone Addon Manager.
Many installs and reinstalls of GSX and sceneries (I own them almost all).

It doesn't work since i updated FSDT (live update) on Feb. 17th and a Windows update on the same day.

Any advice?

Thanks

Dirk
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:52:52 am by Gerpilot »

Gerpilot

Re: GSX not working, P3D v4.4 freezing
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 11:43:05 am »
Similar or same post of another user here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20397.0.html
Also is unanswered for a week now.

Anybody have an idea?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:51:36 am by Gerpilot »

Gerpilot

Re: GSX not working, P3D v4.4 freezing and / or CTD with Ctrl+F12
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:50:52 am »
I already checked the runtime libraries.
They are all there!

Multiple de- and re-installs. Done. Antivirus de-activated and Addon Manager is in thr exceptions.

Installed the simconnect for FSX SP2 from the msi provided in P3D main folder.

Slider for the message display in GSX is all to the right.
Message display in P3D is activated.

All the actions i found searching these forums.

The menues in P3D are there i just can open the Addon Manager, but i still can not open the GSX menue with ctrl+f12. Then p3d 4.4 freezes and then crashes.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:53:48 am by Gerpilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:25:44 pm »
I cannot reproduce the problem, and nobody reported here. None of the posts in the thread you linked had anything to do with your problem, since nobody reported a simulator freeze after selecting the menu.

If you see the GSX menus, you can safely discard all suggestions about antivirus, libraries, etc, because all these are required ONLY when the GSX menu doesn't come up on startup, your freeze problem must be something else entirely.

Try a restart Couatl with the Rebuild cache option first.

Gerpilot

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 02:08:54 pm »
Hi Umberto

I came over this thread about KCLT about Sode 1.6.4 problems and not being able to use GSX:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20083.0.html

I reverted back to SODE 1.6.3 but no success.

What i discovered: I changed systems 2 weeks ago. I also use P3D (4.4) for the first time since then. I downloaded the installers from your site. I also have flightbeam, ORBX etc. It worked!
After using the FSDT Live update and a Windows Update on Feb. 16th / 17th i can't open GSX. Everything is there in the menue bar. SODE is up and running, couatl (v 3.2.0.0) is running.
Sceneries and SODE Jetways are there.

What do i see LSGG hase the new SODE Jetway Folder name but is not installed at the moment. I did several de- and reinstalls for 4 days now.
I also read about corrupted dll.xml and exe.xml files i found in Programdata/LM/P3D. But they are empty.

I did the restart Couatl w Cache thing from the menue. Worked.
But pressing ctrl+f12, nothing comes up and the sim freezes or crashes.
If i do not try to use GSX everything works just fine. No freezes or crashes!
Any advice?

Thank you in advance!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:10:56 pm by Gerpilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 02:13:35 pm »
I came over this thread about KCLT about Sode 1.6.4 problems and not being able to use GSX

That would affect ONLY KSLC and KSDF. Are you located there ?

What do i see LSGG hase the new SODE Jetway Folder name but is not installed at the moment

Why this reference to LSGG ? Are you located there when the problem happens ?

I also read about corrupted dll.xml and exe.xml files i found in Programdata/LM/P3D. But they are empty.

Again, this would prevent GSX from starting, surely not causing a freeze after selecting the airport.

Please, clearly indicate:

- Where you are located. Gate and airport.

- If you customized the airport in GSX or downloaded a customization made by somebody else.

- Which airplane you use.

Gerpilot

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 02:49:37 pm »
Located in KCLT. But the same on any other airport, even without SODE, e.g. KDFW.

LSGG: Just an observation as it was never updated by FSDT Live Update, and... i have the issue since running FSDT Live Update. Maybe it is updating with old files / data?

Never customized any airport as the system and P3D v4.4 are brand new.

Default airplanes of P3D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 02:55:15 pm »
If you were on KCLT, it's entirely normal GSX would not work, until you renamed the jetways as explained in the relevant thread. This won't cause a freeze of the sim.

On other airports, the KCLT fix is entirely irrelevant, but the sim won't freeze in any case.

Generally, GSX by itself cannot freeze the sim, since it's an external program running under Couatl so, the worse it can happen it might crash *itself* so, maybe, the issue it's just related to your system, for example a GRAPHIC setting that is causing the sim to crash when it tries to visualize what is an normally perfectly fine GSX object or texture, that for some reason is causing problems to your graphic card.

Try all of these:

- Update the latest version of the graphic drivers

- Make a clean install of the graphic drivers, if possible.

- Don't use any tweaks on the sim own .CFG, use everything as default

kityatyi

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 03:12:51 pm »
A very similar series of problems here, and this whole Couatl/Bglmanx crap is going on my nerves. Spent a smaller fortune on this software yet all it gives is grief - no surprise PMDG is so much against it.

After crashing twice in a row when calling the GSX menu with CTRL+F12, today a similar event spiced up my emotions towards this software.

PMDG 777, LGW. SODE jetways connected, everything's fine. Catering service called for, all good. Boarding started, all good, pax started to appear. Everything was seemingly OK. Then suddenly, big silence, no longer the flight attendant greeted the arriving pax, however the boarding wasn't over since there wasn't any "chime" heard that marks the end of boarding. Just silence. I then thought I check the status by calling the CTRL+F12 menu. Bang, nothing happens, no menu. The sim was all fine but no GSX menu at all. I then went to the P3D menu to restart Couatl, this joke, bang, nothing. Absolutely nothing. Still no menu after calling for it. Then I went to the P3D menu again, not even a Couatl or GSX entry there anymore... Then a P3D pop-up window informs me, Couatl hasn't started, check antivirus, etc... The problem is, I don't even have any antivirus installed... Never had this particular thing occur ever before...

I have never seen such an unstable piece of software ever, totally ruining a sim session.

Fault bucket 1654711322111748739, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Couatl.exe
P2: 3.2.0.4061
P3: 5bf59521
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.17134.319
P6: c1f0557a
P7: 000a24cb
P8: c0000409
P9: 00000007
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCD88.tmp.dmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCE63.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCE84.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCE82.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERCEA2.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Couatl.exe_3dea5c96aa957cb0b5f2e14fc8c9d5c8f95a7c92_c1930783_29dcd7f8

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 24958ac0-d577-4f70-bfb1-0b71e0e6f067
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 585a10e001cb644566f6b72e3049aa83
Cab Guid: 0
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:56:58 pm by kityatyi »

Gerpilot

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 04:01:31 pm »

Generally, GSX by itself cannot freeze the sim, since it's an external program running under Couatl so, the worse it can happen it might crash *itself* so, maybe, the issue it's just related to your system, for example a GRAPHIC setting that is causing the sim to crash when it tries to visualize what is an normally perfectly fine GSX object or texture, that for some reason is causing problems to your graphic card.

Try all of these:

- Update the latest version of the graphic drivers

- Make a clean install of the graphic drivers, if possible.

- Don't use any tweaks on the sim own .CFG, use everything as default

GPU is a GTX 1080 TI, that one should not go down on its knees that fast.

Drivers updated by clean install (418.91)

No tweaks applied ever (i own this system and P3Dv4.4 only for 2 weeks now).

De- and re-installed GSX which updated SODE to v 1.6.4 again which is fine. I recognized KSDF and KCLT were updated via FSDT Live Update ;).

----> Result: No change. Still crahes when i want to open by ctrl+f12

Sode is running, couatl is running, Addon Manager works.

Any more hints?

Thank you in advance!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »
A very similar series of problems here, and this whole Couatl/Bglmanx crap is going on my nerves. Spent a smaller fortune on this software yet all it gives is grief - no surprise PMDG is so much against it.

Have you tried with a non-PMDG airplane ? Maybe PMDG is "against" it, just because there some kind of conflict with their software. Not that I ever found it, since I have some PMDG products (unfortunately I only have the 777 in FSX and the 747 in P3D4), but I wasn't able to see any problems on my systems when I tried it.

I have never seen such an unstable piece of software ever, totally ruining a sim session.

GSX is of course very stable. If it's not on your system, then we'll find out why, and as usual it will turn out it was something else causing it because, unfortunately, when the real cause is found, users that initially assumed "it was GSX", don't bother checking the end of the resolution.

For example, in your log it shows a Couatl.exe crash, but that doesn't automatically mean Couatl has MADE the sim crash. As explained so many times on the forum, Couatl CANNOT CRASH THE SIM, this is really something not questionable, and everybody saying otherwise is clearly misinformed about how Windows works, since Couatl being external .EXE simply CANNOT crash the sim, since it doesn't have any access to its memory space, and that's really out of the question.

What CAN happen, instead, if the sim crashing ITSELF, for OTHER reasons, and MAKING Couatl crash so, in the log you see a crash in Couatl.exe, so you are mislead thinking Couatl is the cause, when in fact it was the victim.

Yes, if the sim crashes itself for OTHER reason, Couatl might likely report a crash in the Event Viewer, because when the sim was terminated abruptly, Couatl couldn't receive the standard command from Simconnect the sim is going to quit soon, so it couldn't make its own cleanup of data, so you end up with a crash logged, but at that time the sim *already* crashed for other reasons, it wasn't Couatl that made it crash, it crashed and made Couatl crashing with it.

So, the real solution would first find why the sim crashed in the first place so, once you find it, the Couatl error in the event log will surely go away, since when the sim exits correctly, Couatl can close itself cleanly as well.

So, let's start again, and don't assume the problem is GSX so, the first test is:

- Is GSX working with a default airplane on a default airport ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 05:12:04 pm »
GPU is a GTX 1080 TI, that one should not go down on its knees that fast.

That's what I use, but you don't say anything about your physical system RAM, which I also suggested to check during that approach, when you see stuttering.

De- and re-installed GSX which updated SODE to v 1.6.4 again which is fine. I recognized KSDF and KCLT were updated via FSDT Live Update ;).

No, they aren't. The KSDF/KCLT issue will be fixed in the next Live Update. Until then, you MUST rename their jetway folders again after a Live Update. But as I've said, this would cause a problem only *there*

----> Result: No change. Still crahes when i want to open by ctrl+f12

Please clarify better WHAT is crashing:

- GSX with an error logged

- Couatl itself, by disappearing from the menu

- The whole sim.

Gerpilot

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 08:34:38 pm »
Ok.

I did a repair of P3Dv4.4
Now all works,

except...

I am in KLAs works--->Move to KLAX---> does not work only the SODE jetways visible
---->I re-install GSX (again and again...)--->KLAX works---> move to KCLT ----> does not work --->move to KLAS---> does not work...

ok now i restart the sim and see...

NONE of your sceneries work now except for KLAX. Are you kidding???

(I will remove them now and re-install KDFW, KLAS, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, KJFK, KSDF, CYVR, ....  FUN!)---> i did NOT do it.
Instead i ran the FSDT Live Update ---->Now everything is there. :)

Thanks for the help anyways...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:04:57 pm by Gerpilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:52 pm »
I did a repair of P3Dv4.4 Now all works,

Clearly proving (as usual), the problem was something else in the sim.

I am in KLAs works--->Move to KLAX---> does not work only the SODE jetways visible
---->I re-install GSX (again and again...)--->KLAX works---> move to KCLT ----> does not work --->move to KLAS---> does not work...

Check the KCLT forum: because of a SODE update, the jetway folder names will have to be renamed, otherwise KCLT won't work, and you must do it after the Live Update.

(I will remove them now and re-install KDFW, KLAS, KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, KJFK, KSDF, CYVR, ....  FUN!)---> i did NOT do it.

I'm not sure I'm following you now. Nobody asked you to do that but, have you done it or not ?

Instead i ran the FSDT Live Update ---->Now everything is there. :)

Of course, you should always run the Live Update, which is also done automatically by every GSX installer and, it will update every FSDT scenery that it founds installed when it's being run.

kityatyi

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 03:08:25 am »
Did you read my report Umberto? It's not the simulator that crashed. The sim continued running, but all suddenly the boarding sound silenced, nothing happened when I called for the GSX menu and then all couatl entries disappeared from the P3D menu. It did work for 3 or so minutes, I could connect the jetway, I could perform the catering change, I could even start the boarding but then suddenly, during boarding, GSX (and couatl) died. Not the sim! the sim did not crash, but there was no longer any GSX and couatl related option in the P3D menu.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:57:22 pm by virtuali »