Author Topic: Taxiway Incursions  (Read 2069 times)

Oggie

Taxiway Incursions
« on: February 18, 2019, 02:08:58 am »
I do appreciate the hard-working service vehicles that GSX brings to bear, however, I do not approve of them operating on taxiways-predominantly so that we have head-on meetings.  This happens on almost every flight and I think a general safety meeting of GSX vehicle drivers needs to be scheduled to discourage them from engaging in this dangerous practice.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Taxiway Incursions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 01:28:36 pm »
That's not a GSX problem but, instead, a problem of the scenery you are using, which is not made correctly.

If the scenery AFCAD is made in a realistic way, with proper dedicated vehicle paths and proper multiple vehicles parking spots, which would (as in real life) allow vehicles to reach any parking without crossing taxiway, GSX vehicles will use them by preference, even if the route is longer, since they are being assigned more weight in the pathfinding algorithm.

But if no such paths exists, GSX vehicles must still use some kind of path to reach your parking (otherwise they would cross through grass), so they don't have any other choice than using taxiways or even runways.

Oggie

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 07:51:51 pm »
I certainly accept your explanation, although it means that quite a few of my sceneries possess this flaw as this phenomenon occurs at a great many of the airports I visit.  But if such is the case then I can continue to live with it.  At least the vehicles do not trigger crashes when I have to motor right over them, so it is more of a minor nuisance than anything else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:22 pm »
I certainly accept your explanation, although it means that quite a few of my sceneries possess this flaw as this phenomenon occurs at a great many of the airports I visit.

I bet they are all 3rd party sceneries ? Default airports, as simple as they might look like, are usually much better AFCAD than 3rd party ones, especially with regard to ground services.

Oggie

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 10:12:21 pm »
I will start keeping track of which airports this appears and see if indeed they are 3rd party.