Author Topic: GSX level 2 Jetway replacement no longer active  (Read 2596 times)

Captain45

GSX level 2 Jetway replacement no longer active
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:14:56 pm »
After the last few long distance flights from EHAM, arriving at places like SKBO, RJBB, and VCBI, I discovered that the Jetways on those airports were not replaced by GSX2 jetways. When I check the addon manager, both, GSX and level 2 expansion, are active. So nothing wrong there. In Customizing airport positions on the Jetway TAB there is one jetway with the name greyed out. I can created GSX2 jetways as Jetway2.

What could be wrong?

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX level 2 Jetway replacement no longer active
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 05:16:37 pm »
In Customizing airport positions on the Jetway TAB there is one jetway with the name greyed out. I can created GSX2 jetways as Jetway2.

That's likely because those airports already have SODE jetways so, as explained on the manual, they cannot further customized, unless you manually remove their SODE XML files, which we don't do automatically in any case, since it would be just wrong touching other developers files.

Captain45

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »
Hmm. Strange. Because they are the P3Dv4.4 default airports. No  addon scenery airport at all.

Dirk
PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.5; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -various, Chaseplane, GSX. Notebook: AS4-ASCA,  AivlaSoft EFB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:20:46 pm »
Hmm. Strange. Because they are the P3Dv4.4 default airports. No  addon scenery airport at all.

Could be you updated the sim, didn't pay attention to the message from GSX asking to use the GSX Control Panel to disable the default jetways ?

If default jetways are not disabled, they replacements won't show, to prevent seeing double jetways and this is normal after updating the sim, that's why GSX is telling you to disable them again.

Captain45

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 05:27:07 pm »
Just checked. Was indeed not disabled. Must have happened after install of the GSX EHAM stuff I've found on the forum for the Fly Tampa EHAM scenery.

Thanks for the help.

Dirk