Author Topic: Installing KLAS effected other payware scenery?  (Read 5752 times)

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
Installing KLAS effected other payware scenery?
« on: August 25, 2009, 06:59:53 pm »
Hi guys,

This may seem strange to post here but it appears to be directly related to installing your KLAS package.  I d/l and installed your trial version of KLAS for FS9 (saving 30% peaked my interest)  :).  Immediately after installation I noticed each and every time I start up FS now it asks if I want to activate Cloud 9's Washington DC airport scenery.  It then does the same for Cloud 9's KLAX airport scenery.  These are two previous purchases of mine.  The notice said my install is correct but if I wish to activate.  They were prviously activated and working fine before. 

At first I said yes, but I get an error message saying I a not connected to the internet.  Which is true as this is on my design pc which does not have an internet connection.  So I said "no" for the time being.  But now every time I start FS I have to continually go through these windows and say no.  I currently don't even have the Cloud 9 add-ons installed.  And I deactivated and removed your KLAS from my Add-On folder in FS but the messages keep appearing.

I can only assume that Cloud9 has licensed your protection and there is some reaction now happening ever since I installed KLAS.  Question is, what file (a .dll perhaps?) can I move for now to prevent these messages from popping up?

thanks,

Clutch
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing KLAS effected other payware scenery?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »
Already explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=473.msg3025#msg3025

You probably were still limited to 1 activation per order so, if you let it the Cloud9 sceneries to activate again with the new policy, they will be upgraded to 5 activations (regardless of how many activations you have got in the past).

This should be done only once, after confirming the activation, no message will come again. If you don't have an internet connection, you still have to reply "Yes" to the activation question: the program will automatically detect you are not connected to the internet, and the offline activation method will start instead.

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
Re: Installing KLAS effected other payware scenery?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:54:11 am »
Ah, I got ya.  Thanks for the quick reply.
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"