Author Topic: Roadmap for 2019?  (Read 4726 times)

Beat578

Roadmap for 2019?
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:24 am »
Dear Umberto and Virtualy Team

First of all, I’d like to thank you and congratulate you to GSX Level 2. It’s an amazing Product. I love it and it really enhances the scenerys and the atmosphere on airports amazingly.
Still, I would like to ask you, if there is a Roadmap for fixes and new features. It’s not that GSX was actually a cheap thing to buy, especially if you did not had GSX Level 1 before…
So there are many open requests and wishes and problems in the forum and it would be nice to know about when they will be released:
-   The new paintkit is not yet available
-   There are many many wishes for new jetway Logos or lables, that you said you could add very easely on your side
-   There are lot’s of new planes like the Carenado Saab 340, the 787 family from Flightsimlabs, the Maddog X Fix you wrote about,  It would be great if they would be supported natively
-   New Variations of Jetway Models to make it possible to enhance even more airports
-   Separate Crew Boarding / Debording
-   The New Pushback and Towing system
I know, you have huge workload on that and you are working on lot’s of things. I just wish, that thing’s that could be fixed or added easy will be published with a small updates / fixes in shorter timelots and the bigger things (like the towing) will come as a bigger update later when really working. It would be cumbersome to wait for new Jetway Logos for month, just because it takes a long time to overhaul and test the Towing logic.

I am a happy customer, but i would be even happier if we knew about what we can suspect in what range of time. Thank you very much in advance!

On the Wishlist side: Did you ever consider creating a Folder for „custom Logos“? So when GSX find’s pictures in there that match the criteria of the Paintkit, it would list them to add them to Jetways or Trucks or Whatever? I don’t know how hard it would be to program that, but it would made the world so flexible and updates could be done by talented enthusiast quite quickly…

Thanks for your reply!

Kind Regards
Beat LSZH
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 07:08:28 am by Beat578 »
Beat578

torsten

Re: Roadmap for 2019?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:50:33 pm »
+1

Couatl™ Live update release notes
Dec. 7th

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 03:03:15 pm »
The new paintkit is not yet available

Exactly as you later suggested, we are trying to remake the whole PaintKit concept, by taking advantage of DirectX rendering, which would make creating custom logos so much easier, since it won't require much editing.

However, it will work on P3D4 only, so we must find some way to leave the old system in place for backward compatibility with FSX.

There are many many wishes for new jetway Logos or lables, that you said you could add very easely on your side

We always add logos when they are reported in the proper way. Meaning:

- Indicating the company and where it operates.

There are lot’s of new planes like the Carenado Saab 340, the 787 family from Flightsimlabs, the Maddog X Fix you wrote about,  It would be great if they would be supported natively

The Fligthsimlabs A320 and the Maddog X are supported natively in GSX since a while ago. Please remind me what Maddog fix you are referring to.

New Variations of Jetway Models to make it possible to enhance even more airports

Please make an example of an airport that cannot be enhanced due to a lack of some jetway model in GSX.

The New Pushback and Towing system

This will surely come in 2019, but other things will come first:

- An update to support PBR. That's just not a simple redo of the materials: we also took the time to redo some vehicles from scratch, because they started to look old. This will be an ongoing process, we'll not update everything in one go, but many updates will come until the whole set of GSX vehicles will be remade.

- The new Fuel Hydrant we promised a while ago, that's what we are really working right now.

Both these two things (especially the PBR update), required lots of changes even in the overall structure of our installer files, so FSX user could still use the product, and P3D4 users would enjoy the new features, and for that reason we cannot publish smaller updates like new logos RIGHT NOW, but after that, the usual constant flow of updates will resume.

ols500

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 12:59:45 pm »
Will PBR decrease FPS?

sw34669

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:06:34 pm »
thanks for the update good to know you're PBRing

one small thing, any chance you can get the crew (pilots and FAs) to board together as they do in real life (pack animals). I always wonder if there has been a falling out on the bus on the way over to the aircraft.

also, each AI person that boards the aircraft should have the following paramters applied to them prior to rendering :-
  1) Age vs Body Mass Index vs walking speed curve
  2) Regional dress from either the source or the destination airport (or surrounding areas), scrape from FMC
  3) Current weather (no skimpy shorts when it's -65C in Yellowknife)
  4) Time of day (business folks early, older people and families during the day and exhausted business people later on)
  5) Random factor for people with illness, broken bones, wheelchairs, people on mobile phones, screaming kids, lost boarding cards and passports, panic attacks, air rage and drunks (also need for airport security to be modeled taking them away for rendition)

If we want it to be "as real as it gets" this is important for all of us that fly every week through large airports :)

DreamSkywards

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 08:23:30 pm »

one small thing, any chance you can get the crew (pilots and FAs) to board together as they do in real life (pack animals). I always wonder if there has been a falling out on the bus on the way over to the aircraft.

also, each AI person that boards the aircraft should have the following paramters applied to them prior to rendering :-
  2) Regional dress from either the source or the destination airport (or surrounding areas), scrape from FMC
  4) Time of day (business folks early, older people and families during the day and exhausted business people later on)
  5) Random factor for people with illness, broken bones, wheelchairs, people on mobile phones, screaming kids, lost boarding cards and passports, panic attacks, air rage and drunks (also need for airport security to be modeled taking them away for rendition)

If we want it to be "as real as it gets" this is important for all of us that fly every week through large airports :)

Seems a bit excessive, no? I mean, it's a flight sim after all, not The Sims.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 09:06:59 pm »

This is an insane request. Can I just please get the ability to pushback to a certain point without having to hunt down the lat/lon coordinates of a node in an AFCAD?

ols500

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 08:05:27 am »

R u mad.

Eisbahn

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 10:56:39 am »

This is absolutely ridiculous!

sw34669

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 10:25:07 pm »
fuck me do any of you have a sense of humour here i mean really get a life

ols500

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 10:30:35 pm »
Well, it's not very obvious you are joking   :P

Beat578

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 09:02:21 am »
Thanks for your long Reply Umberto

Sounds like a bunch of work. We can see you're changing a lot and now I can understand better, why it takes a while.
Reworking the whole PBR and Models sure is not easy and the new Tanking System will be a great addition too.

What I wanted to say: Just don't open too many new construction sites before some minor bugs are cleared. I'd rather look at the old models a few weeks more, if the rest runs flawlessly.

So thanks for claring things up.
PS: About the Maddog, I didn't found that topic again, but it was something about the 64bit newest Version in P3d 4.4 that i thought i saw it needed a new config. But I could have been wrong there. Never mind.
Beat578

DreamSkywards

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 10:21:54 am »
fuck me do any of you have a sense of humour here i mean really get a life

Such insane things get posted from time to time, not our fault we mistook you for one of them. Get off your high horse.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:26:41 am by DreamSkywards »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:58 pm »
This is an insane request. Can I just please get the ability to pushback to a certain point without having to hunt down the lat/lon coordinates of a node in an AFCAD?

Yes, this should come fairly soon.

airbadger

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 12:10:59 am »

Yes, this should come fairly soon.

Thank you.