Author Topic: Specific Stair Types  (Read 3996 times)

lewis737

Specific Stair Types
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to make a certain type of aircraft steps display when using GSX. My home airport, and the majority of others that I've flown from (especially in the UK) seem to mainly use the towable, non-driven stair type. I know in the case of my home airfield, it's the only type that we have. Is there any way of doing this or is it just pot luck?

Many thanks!

Beat578

Re: Specific Stair Types
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:43:04 am »
They would have to be modeled. Mabe Umberto is willing to take it on the Wishlist. What they would need are Pictures of those staris of course.
But I don't think it would be something coming very soon, as they have so many things to do.
On the other hand, Umberto stated in another post, they are redoing a lot of Vehicles. Mabe they could add the stairs and use the same vehicle they use to tow the cargo trains.
Beat578

lewis737

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 12:14:24 am »
Hi, the steps that I'm after are already a part of GSX, I'll attach an image of the ones I mean. I'm not too fussed about seeing them being towed, but wondered if there was a way of making it so only that type of stair appears as they are in my opinion the most realistic to the region I normally fly in (UK/Europe). I'll (try) attach a photo of the ones I'm talking about :)

Thanks!

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 03:53:26 pm »
Well, I am not sure if you can edit this somwhere. I know there is an option to edit the size and type of the luggage loader, but that does not exist for the stairs. As stated in the Manual, it depends of the type of airplane, and the parking. Not sure if you could edit it somwhere when you edit a parking place. Mabe umberto can help here. Or mabe it's something they could add later as an option, like the Luggage loader type a vertain staircase you can select...

Beat578

DreamSkywards

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 04:00:40 pm »
I forgot exactly how I did it but there is a way to stop types of stairs from appearing.

I had edited some stuff from the stairs I did not want to see directly from their folders in Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc.

But you have to do it again after each update as your modifications will be overwritten.

F737NG

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 07:06:23 pm »
But you have to do it again after each update as your modifications will be overwritten.

No you do not.

As per Umberto's instructions, just add a blank text file called "DONTUPDATE" without the file extension (e.g. '.txt') at the end.
To do this, choose 'Save As' and put quotation marks (" ") around the word DONTUPDATE.

This file needs to be added to each and every folder and sub-folder that you want to keep unchanged by the FSDT live updater.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=17218.0#msg121254

DreamSkywards

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »

No you do not.

As per Umberto's instructions, just add a blank text file called "DONTUPDATE" without the file extension (e.g. '.txt') at the end.
To do this, choose 'Save As' and put quotation marks (" ") around the word DONTUPDATE.

This file needs to be added to each and every folder and sub-folder that you want to keep unchanged by the FSDT live updater.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=17218.0#msg121254

Thanks. But then it would skip the folder entirely, which is not what I personally want either.

Beat578

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 08:50:09 am »
I would just do a backup of the edited files, so you can copy them back in after an update? Or write down what has to be modified. Else, you'll never get new models or liveries or whatever is located inside that folder.
Beat578

lewis737

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 09:23:23 pm »
Hi all, thanks for your responses. I appear to have found a way around this issue while working on some new paints. I found that if only the equipment that I wanted to show up had the airport code, then it would only show that type. Now when I select Jet2.com as the handling agent, I only get the vehicles that I want. This is what it looks like for me now (very much a WIP)