Author Topic: A few issues  (Read 3615 times)

VOZ102

A few issues
« on: April 23, 2019, 01:37:08 am »
Hello

Long time FSDT and have many sceneries. Thanks for all your work.

I have had KLAX for many years but I just wanted to ask a few questions about some issues I'm having. I have done a good forum search before posting. Running P3Dv4.5 but these issues have been around for me for awhile.

1. I get a 20 frame drop on short final 25L. There is something around that area that causes some issues. After landing on 25L, normal frames resume about half way down. The same when departing on 25R. I don't have an ORBX etc so I'm not sure if anyone else is reporting a similar issue. Happens in default C172 etc.

2. I have tomatoshade and I know there are issues with the night textures; I understand. But I just wanted to flag that down near the 7L/7R threshold the textures are different.

https://i.imgur.com/4as71i0.png
https://i.imgur.com/5ffFa4z.jpg

3. GSX AFCAD issue: When I pushback from bay 133 (and any taxiway in that alleyway) - the GSX option for pushback says end on taxiway Echo. When I select this option, it doesn't take me there. It just does a standard pushback. Not sure if that is an error or if I need to manually edit the pushback end point myself. Just thought I would flag it.

Thank you again for all your great products.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:20:04 am by virtuali »

predabon

Re: A few issues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 04:40:20 pm »
About frame rates, I have KSAN from ORBX and KLAS from FSDT in the SOCAL area and the only airport that gives me lag and low FPS is KLAX.

And about this shade issue making the concrete shine like a star, it's a fact that shaders increase the imersion, reality and are now consolidated and part of P3D. Also, is the only scenery that have this issue.

So, it would be nice if FSDT could resolve this issues to make this addon usebable again, because with this issues is unusable in any system, everybody I know that has this scenery have both issues and dont fly into KLAX anymore.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 04:44:10 pm by predabon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A few issues
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:35:06 am »
About frame rates, I have KSAN from ORBX and KLAS from FSDT in the SOCAL area and the only airport that gives me lag and low FPS is KLAX.

FSDT KLAX is known for not being particularly heavy on frame rate, see here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/553953-hunting-good-performance-at-lax-and-sfo/?do=findComment&comment=4002614

Yes, LAX and surrounding area is a tuff nut to crack.  You have a lot of different add-on pieces there I see. For me, when we tested LAX I found better performance using either FSDT's version or even a freeware version provided better performance than using the default LAX.

A video made by a user, landing at night with the PMDG 747:

A video I made a while ago to show high fps at FSDT KLAX:

So, it would be nice if FSDT could resolve this issues to make this addon usebable again, because with this issues is unusable in any system, everybody I know that has this scenery have both issues and dont fly into KLAX anymore.

There's no issue to solve in the scenery, and it's very well known the fps in the KLAX area can be bad for many other things you can add to it, and even if you don't add anything, but FSDT KLAX is surely not the cause of the low fps.