Author Topic: No buildings in trial?  (Read 17292 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings in trial?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 03:10:42 pm »
phenocom,

to finally reply to your question, yes you have all the files in the correct place.

I'm basing my reply with the information you have given: if you see both Addon Manager and Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu, and you have not mistakenly installed the update instead of the full installer (which, from your file's list, doesn't seem to be the case), there aren't many explanations left:

Check the KFLL scenery has been added to the Scenery Library.

Do you recall having error message during the installation about problems with your scenery.cfg ? If your scenery.cfg already had an error before the installation, the installer would have warned you and didn't touch it, not adding the KFLL area to the Scenery Library

If the KFLL area is added to the Scenery Library, is also active ? Check you haven't disabled it, for any reason.

Also, could you try to install the Stand-alone Addon Manager for FSX, available here:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/setup_addonmanagerX.exe

phenocom

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 01:02:49 pm »
Virtuali:

I checked the Scenery Library and found that KFLL was added and active. Just to be sure I deleted this entry and manually added the KFLL file . Secondly I downloaded and ran the Stand Alone Addon Mgr. However, when I opened FSX
and checked the "Addons" menu I found that Couati was no longer listed as active.
So I reran the installer and then checked the "Addons" menu and Couati was once again active. By the way all this time I
did not receive one single error msg.

Before trying KFLL I maxed out my scenery settings to make sure the scenery would show up and reduced my AI to 0

Unfortunately, all this has left KFLL the way it was a black mark on the ground where buildings should be.

I cant understand this, all of my other sceneries I have from FSDT worked perfectly from installation and continue to this day to work flawlessly.

I would appreciate anything you can suggest to make this KFLL work properly

Thanks Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 01:26:24 pm »
So I reran the installer and then checked the "Addons" menu and Couati was once again active.

I cant understand this, all of my other sceneries I have from FSDT worked perfectly from installation and continue to this day to work flawlessly.

Can you please confirm this is the case right now ? Meaning: you see BOTH menus, you have all the other FSDT sceneries working, except KFLL ?

phenocom

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 04:07:33 pm »
This is the case right now I see both menus and all airports except KFLL are working perfectly.

I did remember something that might be important. A few weeks ago when I first downloaded KFLL I seem to remember that the buildings were there for the trial period. So I decided to change the afcad that came with the scenery. I have the ADE program v 1.40. However ADE created a new file for the afcad which replaced the original. At that time the buildings stopped showing up in the trial period. However, those files have long since been deleted and I have downloaded the new installer with all new files. Could this have possibly caused this problem.

I have redesigned all the other afcads for the 4 other airports and they work perfectly , so I cant Imagine doing the same thing for KFLL could cause this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 04:47:05 pm »
Are you sure you removed that AFCAD from anywhere, even another folder ? Because, perhaps the AFCAD is excluding the scenery with its own exclude areas.

phenocom

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 01:15:17 pm »
I checked that yesterday after I read your response and found one AFCAD in the Recycle Bin which I then deleted.

I then ran KFLL. unfortunately, this had no effect on bringing back the buildings.

Can you think of any other files or registers that might have been affected which would prevent the scenery from

displaying?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 01:35:19 pm »
I checked that yesterday after I read your response and found one AFCAD in the Recycle Bin which I then deleted.

Alright, but are you now using our original unmodified AFCAD ?

Can you think of any other files or registers that might have been affected which would prevent the scenery from displaying?

Considering this is happening only at KFLL, and you see both Addons menus, and you have all the other FSDT sceneries working, we can safely exclude is something related to the software itself, like Addon Manager, Couatl or anything like that.

Try to do the following:

- Uninstall KFLL

- Go to your FSX\fsdreamteam folder and remove the KFLL subfolder, if it's still there

- Go to your FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl folder and remove the KFLL subfolder, if it's still there

- Reinstall KFLL

phenocom

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 04:14:52 pm »
IT WORKED!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!

OH, AND YOU DEFINITELY JUST SOLD KFLL

phenocom

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 04:54:23 pm »
Virtuali:

I just have one other question.

Can I modify your original afcad with ADE 1.40 without losing the scenery and if so what should I do to prevent this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »
Can I modify your original afcad with ADE 1.40 without losing the scenery and if so what should I do to prevent this?

Generally yes, just pay attention not to have duplicate AFCADs and use only ADE, which preserves all categories when saving.

phenocom

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 06:49:52 am »
Umberto:

I followed your advice and deleted the extra file that ade produces and it worked perfectly.

The buildings are all there and my airport is designed the way I want it to include my special airlines.

I want to thank you for all your help and support

Dave