Author Topic: No buildings in trial?  (Read 17293 times)

Phil08

No buildings in trial?
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:02:48 pm »
Hey guy's :)

I'm considering of buying the new KFLL scenery.
But when I start my fsx and go to KFLL in the trial version I only see jetways but no terminals.
I'm new to FSDT so is this normal cause it's a trial version and do I need to buy it before I can see the terminals?
I didn't found anything about this in the instalation guide so I guess it's not normal :p

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Philippe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings in trial?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 06:14:51 pm »
No, it's not normal at all. The Trial is exactly like the full version, there are zero differences, except the duration.

If you don't see buildings, it means the software is not running, because something on your system prevents it to run.

There are many threads about solutions for this problem, which is not really specific to KFLL, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1597.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0

Try to follow all the suggestions given in those threads.

Phil08

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:21:33 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply,
first of all I tried to uninstall and install it again with a new dowload but when I install the installer tell me that I don't have the rights to overwrite following files located in the X:\fsdreamteam\couatl\wx folder:
_controls.pyd
_core_.pyd
_misc_.pyd
_windows_.pyd
_gdi_.pyd

I can choose between Abort, retry and ignore

Phil08

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:50:43 pm »
Still having the issue from above, I tried my fsx again, I saw the buildings :d
but after 3 minutes they dissapeard again without seeing "trial period ended"
I can still see the cars parked where the parking building has to be.

EDIT; I can see all the submenus of"Addons" in fsx.
And I think my exe.xml look OK too

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:28:04 pm by Phil08 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 10:14:39 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply,
first of all I tried to uninstall and install it again with a new dowload but when I install the installer tell me that I don't have the rights to overwrite following files located in the X:\fsdreamteam\couatl\wx folder:

Ok, if the installer hasn't updated all files, there's no chance the scenery will ever work.

A reason why the installer can't write those files, might be wrong permission settings, or FSX that hasn't properly closed when you ran the installer.

Try the following:

- REBOOT Windows. Don't launch FSX.

- Go to the Windows Control Panel, uninstall KFLL, and reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Manager AND the Couatl engine.

- Go to your FSX folder and check the fsdreamteam\couatl folder has been deleted. If not, try to remove it manually.

- Reinstall KFLL, and check you don't get that error anymore.

Phil08

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:07:40 am »
You sold one KFLL scenery :d

Thanks for the fast support
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 04:36:00 pm by Phil08 »

phenocom

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 04:44:09 pm »
I too am getting no buildings when I install KFLL in FSX. I have followed all of the procedures you have outlined but I still have no buildings during the Trial Period. I have installed KFLL on FS9 and it works perfectly for the trial period. I have all your other Airports and I really love them. I just cant understand why only KFLL wont install properly :( :( ??? ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »
I have followed all of the procedures you have outlined but I still have no buildings during the Trial Period

Do you see both the Addon Manager and the Couatl powered plugins menus under "addons" ?

I have installed KFLL on FS9 and it works perfectly for the trial period

FS9 and FSX have entirely different display methods so, the fact the one runs and the other not, doesn't tell much.

I have all your other Airports and I really love them. I just cant understand why only KFLL wont install properly

Do you have other FSX sceneries that work ?

phenocom

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 05:41:09 am »
I see both Addon Mgr and Couati under my addons and all of my FSX sceneries work perfectly including all of your other airports. I also have Megascenery EarthX and UTX running.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 11:20:43 am »
Can you check if you have a Couatl.err file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and, if you have, post its content ?

phenocom

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:07:21 pm »
The only file I can see in the folder is Key Mapping.ini unless I am looking in the wrong place. (I have a Vista 64 bit system)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 09:13:59 pm »
No, the place is correct.  If there's no .err file, it means there were no errors and, if you see both the Addon Manager and the Couatl powered plugins menus under "Addons", it also means both software are running correctly.

So, the only option left is that something is wrong with KFLL installation. Are you sure you haven't installed the 1.2 update only, without having the full version installed first ? This is something that might create just that effect.

phenocom

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:43 am »
I downloaded the file from your products page under the picture of KFLL. It did not say anything about update1.2 .After running the installer I have only nine files in my scenery folder under KFLL. They are the following:
AP_KFLL.BGL
cvx_KFLL.BGL
KFLL_Apron.bgl
KFLL_Fondo.bgl
KFLL_jetway.bgl
KFLL_markings.bgl
KFLL_papi_sa.bgl
KFLL_strisce.bgl
KFLL_Terrain.bgl
Are these all the files there are or am I missing some files?

Thanks Dave

phenocom

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:49 pm »

Virtuali:
I'm just wondering why I have received no response to my last post. You responded so quickly to that other guy who has prior to kfll never bought one of your sceneries. I am a extremely good customer and have bought everyone of your sceneries. Is this the way you treat your excellent customers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 02:55:18 pm »
I am a extremely good customer and have bought everyone of your sceneries. Is this the way you treat your excellent customers?

First, this doesn't make any sense, because we certainly don't check if one is a customer or not before replying, since even users in Trial have the same right to an answer so, nobody is checked before replying.

As you said yourself, we usually reply very quickly, which is not a reason you should start complaining for not having received an answer yet, to a question that was posted during the weekend. And don't forget the eventual time zone difference.

I really hope that, by spoiling users by replying very fast to questions posted 24/7, wouldn't start to give the wrong impression that one is entitled to always get support outside working days.