Author Topic: GSX 2 purchase prompts  (Read 2704 times)

CDuFault1970

GSX 2 purchase prompts
« on: February 03, 2019, 08:51:26 pm »
I have GSX registered. Now all of a sudden upon trying to use it, I get a message requiring me to purchase GSX 2 and it won't let me run my GSX.. What is going on?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 purchase prompts
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:04:59 am »
You already sent this by email, and I already replied to you but, because of an error in your email configuration in your system, my reply bounced back with an error that your mailbox is unavailable so, it's good you wrote on the forum, but please check your email config...

In any case, this is the copy of the email I sent to you:

The prompt is not telling you to buy the GSX Level 2 expansion "so that GSX would work". That's not what the message said.

The message said you should buy the Level 2 expansion to OPERATE the NEW jetways. GSX never controlled jetways before, it's something that has been added to the Level 2 expansion so, the "old" GSX will continue to operate exactly as it was, without being able to control jetways, as it always was.

Installing the latest GSX has of course enabled the Level 2 expansion in TRIAL, which means:

- It has replaced all old default jetways with the new ones, which are much better, and work better.

- As long as the Level 2 expansion is in Trial, the new jetways will only work on Trial airports. If you purchase the Level 2 expansion, they will work everywhere.

- If you are not interested in having much better jetways everywhere in the world, and want to go back to the old default jetways, as explained on Page 4 of the GSX manual, you can just use the GSX Control Panel utility to restore the default jetways.

CDuFault1970

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 09:25:55 am »
Thank you for responding. I apologize for the e-mail problems, but you're the first to express the situation. ( CDuFault1970@gmail.com ) With my original purchase of GSX, the jetways did work. I enjoyed it so much, but did not realize they were default jetways. I have so many programs for my fsx, I tend to be oblivious to some things. lol So I should uninstall my original GSX and re-install the GSX2 ?

Carl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 02:39:08 pm »
I apologize for the e-mail problems, but you're the first to express the situation. ( CDuFault1970@gmail.com )

But that's not the email you used to contact me. You used an email address from outlook, and when I replied to it, it bounced back with an error saying that mailbox is unavailable. So, it's likely an outlook configuration problem on your system, which is causing replies to be sent to the wrong address.

With my original purchase of GSX, the jetways did work. I enjoyed it so much, but did not realize they were default jetways.

That's the issue. GSX never controlled jetways before. It started doing it since the Level 2 expansion, but of course it must first disable the default ones.

So I should uninstall my original GSX and re-install the GSX2 ?

Yes, of course. There's no such thing as an "original" GSX anymore, if you mean using an old installer. That's just an "outdated" GSX. The latest GSX always comes with Level 2 features (in Trial if not purchased), but with many improvements for the basic GSX functions as well so, you don't want to use an outdated version, considering how easy is to go back to default jetways, if you don't want to buy the expansion.

CDuFault1970

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 05:45:29 pm »
Hmm, then I must have purchased the version 2 because I always used it to control my gates. It was such fun. I re-installed, entered my reg key and nothing. So I guess I have to purchase it again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 12:55:03 pm »
Hmm, then I must have purchased the version 2 because I always used it to control my gates.

That's not a very clear statement. GSX never "controlled" jetways without Level 2 but, if the scenery came with SODE jetway, it always allowed to control them. The difference with GSX Level 2, is that you can now have SODE jetways *everywhere* provided by GSX, instead of hoping the scenery would provide them.

It was such fun. I re-installed, entered my reg key and nothing. So I guess I have to purchase it again.

You don't obviously have to "purchase" again. Instead, you must clearly indicate what do you mean with "nothing" and be sure you DO have a Level 2 Serial Number, and you ARE trying to activate GSX Level 2 with it.

Of course, such kind of questions should be always asked by email, since we might have to exchange private details like your email or serial numbers.