Author Topic: No Aiport Showing Up  (Read 3194 times)

Highplainsflyer

No Aiport Showing Up
« on: February 03, 2019, 07:48:19 pm »
I have not used KAX for a long time.  I just installed it in P3d v.4. It have attached screenshot to show what appears because there does not appear to be a way to show images on your board.

Anyway, from the picture, no airport appears.  Only the jetways.  Moreover, the plane did not load in the correct spot.

How do I get this damn thing to work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Aiport Showing Up
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 01:10:31 am »
First, download and install the latest version of KLAX from our site.

Also, if you customized KLAX in the past, before we added the new Jetways, you must remove your .INI file, to be found here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\KLAX* (an .INI file with a name starting with KLAX )

Highplainsflyer

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 06:10:30 am »
OK.  I did everything.  In fact, I uninstalled all of my FSDT addons.  I used Lorby's Addon Organizer to eliminate all of my FSDT addons.  Then I went into the Windows Control panel and made sure the FSDT addons were gone.  I downloaded the latest version of KLAX and installed it.  Still, nor buildings

The addon manager says LAX is not installed.  However, the addon manager says it is installed.  The scenery configuration also shows it as being installed.  When I installed it, I used your instller program.  Yet is it not showing up.

I am at wet's end about how to get your scenery to work.  I do NOT have this problem with the sceneries from other developers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:56 am »
The addon manager says LAX is not installed.  However, the addon manager says it is installed.

This sentence is contradicting. According to your screenshot, the Addon Manager says only one thing: the scenery is not installed in the Scenery Library.  Try to remove this folder, and see if it makes any difference:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

Highplainsflyer

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:59 am »
I think I finally got this working.  This is one stubborn piece of software, isn't it?

In any case, I deleted everything again.  I uninstalled then reinstalled Microsoft VC++ as directed in another thread.  I went into the Lorby Addon Organizer and eliminated all of the FSDT addons with that.  I went into the control panel and uninstalled all of the FSDT software.  I eliminated all of the FSDT folders and files from Program Data.  I went into the Program files and deleted the Addon Manager.  I made sure both my security suite and Windows Defender was turned off.  Then I reinstalled KLAX from scratch.  It wanted me to install GSX 2, which I did.  Finally, I reinstalled KLAX, and it is working.

Maybe this will help another user.

Highplainsflyer

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:22 am »
Here's the  link to the thread about reinstalling Microsoft VC++:  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656