Author Topic: GSX Boarding and view issue  (Read 2679 times)

willj2711

GSX Boarding and view issue
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:46:27 pm »
I am having an odd issue with GSX where everytime i request boarding, GSX/GSX-L2 seem to stall and my view change button ('S') within P3D V4.4 stops working?

Any help?
Will

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Boarding and view issue
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:07:57 am »
GSX is not not likely stuck. Maybe is trying to tell you something, but you cannot see it because you have disable the message from the sim.

Check you have inadvertently disable the Info text in the sim options. And, you haven't set the GSX Verbosity slider too low too.

willj2711

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:50:41 pm »
fixed by checking and unchecking 'estimate passenger numbers'

no idea how this worked?

willj2711

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:22:42 pm »
so after more investigation gsx boarding only seems to work if 'estimate pax numbers' is checked on

Airmaz1

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 11:40:04 pm »
If you have estimate passengers set to off you need to manually input the amount of passenger you wish for GSX to load onto the aircraft.

Green bar at the top will show up asking how many passengers you want, key in the amount then press enter or it will just stay there waiting for your command.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »
so after more investigation gsx boarding only seems to work if 'estimate pax numbers' is checked on

As I've said in my previous reply:

Check you have inadvertently disable the Info text in the sim options. If you disabled this option, the input from GSX cannot be seen, but GSX IS waiting for your input ( if the "Estimate passenger number" is enabled ), so you assume GSX is stuck, but that's just because you disabled the whole green text line in the sim.

sw34669

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 05:54:32 am »
this is a bug. here's what i noticed.
I have always allowed GSX to estimate pax numbers
The other day I unticked this box... boarding it asked me
i flew to destination and on de-boarding ..... it didn't ask me it estimated
i looked at the GSX option and yes it was unchecked for estimate (and my verbose messages are always on)
I tried to de-board after a reset and it was still the same .... estimated pax numbers
I reset coutl and rebuilt the cache .... asked me the pax numbers

i then flew to my third leg and on de-boarding ....... it estimated even with the estimate option unchecked
i used reset situation and it still estimated
i quit out of the sim and re-loaded the scenario .... now it allowed me to enter pax numbers

the next day i thought i would see if this happens again and checked estimate pax was unchecked, it was and on my first leg it didn't ask me or on my second ... i then reset coutl ... asked pax numbers

I use the automatic option and I suspect it's using this that causes the issue it may be related to the order multiple vehicles are ordered.

I hadn't used the enter pax numbers option for a while but even with it selected every few flights it will not ask for pax numbers it estimates them.  When I check the GSX option menu the estimate option is unchecked.

I agree with the word stuck . When GSX starts ignoring estimate pax numbers it needs a coutl restart to fix it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 12:41:22 pm »
We'll check this.