Author Topic: error simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program  (Read 6545 times)

bidmore2

Hello,

please help

I am getting a error simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program it has a yes or no prompt if I press yes fsx closes

File C:\Program Files [x86] Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll

If I remove it I can load sim Louisville has the big hole in the runway and when I open the add on manager to put in my key you guys are not there

Dave

bidmore2

Theirs several answer maby I'm missing something can you just tell me how to fix it I have all ready excluded it from the anti virus and reinstalled and I do have active sky if it matters

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please re-read the linked thread, there are several ways to fix it, for example check the Driver8 reply.

bidmore2

I did that

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> AppCompatFlags -> Layers, and then delete the entry that had the program in it, which I would think in your case is probably Couatl.exe.

Mine stops at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> CurrentVersion -> AppCompatFlags ->      no layers

I try to set a pic but I can't  [/img] it does that

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
which I would think in your case is probably Couatl.exe.

Couatl.exe doesn't have anything to do with this, it would be bglmanx.dll in this case.

Mine stops at:

Search inside the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node keys as well.

bidmore2

You told me to look at driver 8 reply so I do what he says its the Couatl.exe

and now your telling me it is not that, so  just tried what you said it the bglmanx.dll is not at the end of both of these I save read thought the forums and tried several other things I just can't get it to work.

i have reinstalled several times I have just reinstalled just the add on manger can we to the one on one
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:42:39 am by bidmore2 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You told me to look at driver 8 reply so I do what he says its the Couatl.exe

It didn't said that. He said in that thread OP case it was "probably" Couatl.exe, which of course it's wrong, since that thread OP clearly reported an error in bglmanx.dll. However, regardless of this, his solution was correct.

and now your telling me it is not that

Precisely for the reason you wouldn't be mislead looking for Coautl.exe, which cannot possibly end up *there*.

I save read thought the forums and tried several other things I just can't get it to work.

That was just ONE of the possible solution. If you are sure there are no references in bglmanx.dll in all the registry keys I told you to check in addition to the one in that linked thread, then it's not that reason.

The issue is, that message from FSX is basically bogus and it's a generic message which FSX prints when it can't load a .DLL for ANY reason. The thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any problems in loading the modules, like antivirus, missing libraries, etc.:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Even if the title says P3D4, the solutions are valid for FSX as well.

bidmore2

I did al this I even call norton to help me excluded the addon manager and more still errors I think it is going on 5 days now
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:40:22 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I did al this I even call norton to help me excluded the addon manager and more still errors I think it is going on 5 days now

The linked thread indicates so many other solutions in addition to "just" exclude the folder with the antivirus. Please try them all.

bidmore2

Now I have uninstalled everything went in and made sure everything was gone in the c drive and reg and reinstalled just FSX and Louisville and still errors it is the I even blocked the bglmanx.dll from the antivirus.

and it still errors so I remove the bglmanx.dll from the addonmanager and it launches so I go to Louisville and I see your runways and the crater no buildings so it is the bglmanx.dll file I have tried everything

plus the 2005 201s CC+++  updated

I have the steam addition

One more thing I have been every ware so I will say it clear my problem is with the bglmanx.dll  that is located in the addonmanager not in the reg if I remove FSX launches if I put it back in I get a third party error
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:48:58 am by bidmore2 »

bidmore2

hello please read my last post still no working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
hello please read my last post still no working

First, exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from antivirus, not just bglmanx.dll. And I'm sorry but, there are no other know solutions other than the ones already indicated in this and the other threads, and nobody ever reported this problem in years.

bidmore2

I have just tried everything and just reinstalled every thing again an we do a Teamviewer session

bidmore2

I decided to reinstall LAX and it said a had to install the GSX installed it and KSDF works
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:44:20 am by bidmore2 »