Author Topic: Geneva Apt unable to load the file.  (Read 8477 times)

johndaph

Geneva Apt unable to load the file.
« on: May 25, 2009, 07:42:48 am »

Having completed a reinstall of FS9, I attempted to load the Geneva Airport, I received the message " This product requires the FS9.1 update to be installed".  I have this update installed but when attempting to install it again I am informed that the file is already installed.
           Any solution for this problem please.

John. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Geneva Apt unable to load the file.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:25:32 am »
I have this update installed but when attempting to install it again I am informed that the file is already installed.

If our installer says you don't have the 9.1 update installed, then you don't have it...

For proof, check the following two files:

FS9.EXE
MODULES\G3D.DLL

Right-click on each, select "Properties", then "Details", you'll see the version number and it will probably be something like 9.0.xxxx, meaning you don't have 9.1 correctly installed.

This might happen if you installed 9.1 over a patched or modifed FS9.EXE or G3D.DLL, so the patcher has not completed.

You can try to restore the original files from inside the .CAB files in the FS9 installation CDs, then you need to remove the BACKUP folder and try to run the update again.

NOTE: having FS9 in a situation like yours, with mixed files coming from 9.0 and 9.1, is even more dangerous for stability than not applying any patch.

johndaph

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 04:43:35 am »

Hi,

Checked the files as you suggested, the FS9.EXE appears to be normal. The file G3D.DLL shows as 9.1.0.40901.01  Would it be any use to uninstall the FS 9.1 file with the uninstaller in Modules?,I know that Microsoft say that you cannot uninstall FS9.1 but it may be worth a try, then reinstall and try the scenery again. Thanks for the help. :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:41:26 am »
Checked the files as you suggested, the FS9.EXE appears to be normal. The file G3D.DLL shows as 9.1.0.40901.01 

What do you mean by "normal" ? Which version it is ?

And, anyway, the current version of our installer no longer checks for FS9.EXE version, because many users have it wrong, because they updated to 9.1 over a patched version so their 9.1 install was failed so, we now check only G3D.DLL.

This means, if your G3D.DLL is from 9.1 and you are getting the installer warning, it means you are using an old installer, if you just download it again, it will install.

johndaph

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:04:29 pm »

Hi.

Did as you said and downloaded a new FS9.1 uninstalled the old one.  The scenery file works fine now, even AES works.  Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Regards.  John. ;D