Author Topic: Restart COUATL  (Read 1704 times)

Tai

Restart COUATL
« on: January 19, 2019, 05:11:26 am »
After installing GSX2 jetways, now every time I want the jetways to show up I have to restart COUATL. Anybody have the same problem, please help.

trisho0

Re: Restart COUATL
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:30:47 pm »
I have an exact jetways problem. From P3Dv4 I load PMDG 737 in FSDT EHAM Gate D10 and found all jetways missing. I open P3D screen TAB (Add-ons; Couatl) and I select "Restart Couatl and Rebuild Cache". I get all the jetways back in place. Then, I close P3Dv4. After a while, I reload EHAM and I have to do the same restart couatl…… I don't know how to keep fixed the jetways. I learned if we change something from the scenery utility the jetways disappears. I am not changing anything. Any further actions do I need to give a try?

EDIT: Today loaded EHAM and jetways were there just fine in P3Dv4. I closed P3D and loaded EHAM again but no jetways now. That's weird ........ maybe tomorrow jetways get back to EHAM. I can't belive that!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 01:29:35 am by trisho0 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Restart COUATL
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 02:26:09 am »
This has been asked and answered many time on the forum:

No, you don't have to restart Couatl and you surely don't have to rebuild the cache when the simulator starts, just to see jetways.

On some airports, with lots of jetways (and surely EHAM is the prime example) AND if your system is overloaded by other addons, it might take a bit longer than usual for jetway to show up, so you might just have to wait.

If you have a 3rd party airport that *switches* between different AFCADs with an external utility (and surely EHAM is the prime example of that), depending how that utility is made, you might have to Rebuild the cache, because to speed up the loading, we don't check each and every file in the system, but only the last modification date of the folder the file is in, which is way faster to do, but might not always detect file RENAMES. That's why you might have to rebuild the cache when switching AFCADs.

And, of course, if the AFCAD switches, you need a separate GSX .INI file for *each* AFCAD you can possibly switch to, each one with jetways of course.