Author Topic: Simulated Stores Release  (Read 5918 times)

ReggieC

Simulated Stores Release
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:50:31 pm »
Mr. Jimi,

I have a question/suggestion for the next F\A-18 release if it is possible. As I am using P3Dv4.4 Professional edition, therefore I cannot install Tackpac. I'm sure there are many others in this same situation.

Although I cannot actually release ordinance, I can make the bombs disappear from the aircraft during the bomb run using the Loadout Manager. My question is, is there any way to map the bombs on the Loadout Manager to a button on the joystick so they will disappear as if they were released?

Looking forward to the next version. Appreciate everything you're doing to make the best F/A-18 Hornet for P3Dv4.

Cheers,
Reggie

PhantomTweak

Re: Simulated Stores Release
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:26:38 pm »
Are you using P3D Pro PLUS, or just P3D Pro?

TacPack v1.5.0.5 WILL handle P3D Pro IF you have a commercial license. It is still a Beta version, but it seems to be working well.
Check out this link to the support forum about it: https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18504

To answer your question, I don't believe you can map the function you desire to a button, or key-combo, but I may be wrong. I will check on it some more as soon as I can. But I don't believe it's do-able as things stand.

Does all this rambling answer your question?
Pat☺

ReggieC

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:07:02 pm »
I have the Pro version, but do not have a Commercial License. I could not even get VRS to quote me a price for the license. Had I know that they would not release Tackpac or the Superbug without the License, I would have purchased the Academic version.

In any case, if you can find a solution to my query regarding the pickle button mapping, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Reggie C.

simaddict

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:18:28 am »
I did the same thing...bought the PRO version, and couldn't use Tac Pac. I did get a refund, and went to academic. The commercial price that I was quoted was $5000.00!

Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

ReggieC

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 09:56:42 pm »
Bazinga!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 09:11:50 pm »
Bazinga!
That's easy for YOU to say!
 :D

Currently, I'm not seeing any way to do what you want. Still working on it, though. I may be able to modify the configurator somehow...
Pat☺

ReggieC

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 10:44:33 am »
Thank you Pat, much appreciated.

Reggie

PhantomTweak

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 08:15:13 am »
Reggie, just a note: I don't really see any way *I* can make the thing you want. I am certain Jimi or Orion could, but they're both light-years, nay, parsecs, ahead of me in XML and C++ programming.
I do apologize. All I can see is to have the configurator open, and when you "release" a weapon, just click it off in the Configurator.

The only other way I can see is to assign the Drop Droppable Object key combo (SHFT+D) to a button on your joystick. I am not certain it will do what you want, but you can give it a try. I tried to make it work, but no luck. Maybe you'll have better luck, somehow.

I am sorry, and wish I could be of more help...
Pat☺

ReggieC

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2019, 10:45:24 pm »
No worries Sir, just appreciate you giving it a go. The “Release Droppable Objects” button is used to fire the gun, which works great.

Cheers,
Reggie