Author Topic: GSX - Jetway not activating  (Read 1788 times)

theav8r

GSX - Jetway not activating
« on: January 17, 2019, 06:07:43 am »
I have just downloaded the full GSX Installer which include Level 2 Expansion, ( 2.5.0.11), but when I load FSX and try to activate the jetway, I get the response...
"GSX Level 2 not activated, jetways won't move".

During the setup, I was advised there was an error on line 1 position 46 of the dll.xml.

Would it be better to uninstall and do a complete reinstall please?

I have not yet purchased Level 2 yet, so does that mean I can't access the jetways until I do so?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Jetway not activating
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 05:41:01 pm »
I have not yet purchased Level 2 yet, so does that mean I can't access the jetways until I do so?

Of course, it wouldn't be much of a Trial, if we allowed to move the Level 2 jetways everywhere.

They will work only on the 3 Trial airports, but of course are visible (as static) everywhere, because otherwise you would have seen an empty spot in place of the old default jetway, since it's not possible to disable default jetways only in selected airports.

So, we could only replace them everywhere, and animated them on the Trial airports only, so you can both see how the LOOK LIKE (everywhere) and test how they WORK (on Trial airports).

Of course, it's not as if we hijacked your old default jetways under a paywall: you can return to them very easily using the GSX Control Panel so, if you are not interested in the Level 2 features, we let you go back to the default jetways.

The error in the DLL.XML file has been caused by another addon installer, which has mistakenly changed its encoding from default, without changing the XML header accordingly, which is a common mistake some 3rd party installer do.

The GSX installer will NOT try to fix this, and I believe it has offered a choice to either recreate it from scratch, or abort the installation so you could fix the file yourself but, since it's not very clear from your message what option you chose, it might be or not a problem but, if it were a problem, GSX wouldn't even start so, I guess you have chose the option to recreate the file as new, which will surely work.

theav8r

Re: GSX - Jetway not activating
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 03:09:21 am »
Thanks Umberto for your explanation.