Author Topic: Parking Spaces  (Read 3974 times)

lestercat

Parking Spaces
« on: January 16, 2019, 08:32:16 pm »
At FSDT KMEM how do i stop non miltary AI from parking at the ANG spots? I'm loving the GSX products and am using UTLive for traffic.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:37:24 pm by lestercat »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Parking Spaces
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 11:06:07 pm »
 What AI DC10 models are those and what is their wingspan in the aircraft.cfg? If they are coded correctly and have the proper wingspan they will park in the proper spots. Otherwise, if you are running out of suitable parking at the FedEx ramps, you can use ADE to add more parking.

lestercat

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:07:09 pm »
What AI DC10 models are those and what is their wingspan in the aircraft.cfg? If they are coded correctly and have the proper wingspan they will park in the proper spots. Otherwise, if you are running out of suitable parking at the FedEx ramps, you can use ADE to add more parking.

I installed models as per FEDEX UPS add on schedules i found at UTLive. Not sure what I did wrong but there is a lot of fedex even in the UPS spots, as well as ANG. I thought I could use GSX to limit liveries at each parking spot but I  must be wrong. I did figure out in ADE somewhat how to keep Fedex out of those spots but it was hit or miss as I am not proficient with ADE. (Looks like UTLive DC-10 in UTLive control panel)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:13:47 pm by lestercat »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »
Ah I see what the issue is. In the FedEx repaints that you added as part of that package, the DC10 and MD11 are missing the atc_parking_codes= entry. Simply add atc_parking_codes=FDX to the aircraft entry and the sim will park them in more appropriate spots.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:09:32 pm by Dave_YVR »

lestercat

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 10:47:42 pm »
I tried your suggestion (which was greatly appreciated) but they are still there! I edited the maximum wingspan for the spots in GSX and set it to 10 meters and they still show up. Hopefully I'll stumble across a solution as I am learning.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 02:15:29 am »
 Editing the parking spots in GSX won't affect AI, but as it is the UTL DC10 and MD11 have the proper wing_span set in the aircraft.cfg and will use 26m spots, preferably coded with FDX.