Author Topic: Question about editing the stop position  (Read 2488 times)

medic87

Question about editing the stop position
« on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:50 pm »
I hope I understand the manual right: When I edit the stop position on a parking position using the gsx editor with let's say the PMDG 737, does that mean the value for the stop position I save does only apply to the PMDG 737? So when I go and change to the PMDG 777 I can set a different value for this type of aircraft?

downscc

Re: Question about editing the stop position
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 11:52:18 pm »
This feature is explained in the user manual.  The stop location you set when customizing the parking location will automatically adjust for different main entrance locations such that the jetway can attach to the door.  However, there could be a limitation as in the B737 (door 1L is very near nose gear) and B777 (main door is 2L and is pretty far back from nose gear).  I tend to assign small and medium together and separate from heavies.  It is easier to mix 747/777 types.

medic87

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:39:31 am »
thanks for your answer. But is there a way to assign a different stop position to every aircraft type separately?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:45:51 am »
thanks for your answer. But is there a way to assign a different stop position to every aircraft type separately?

There's no need for that, because this will automatically result from the fact that GSX used the preferred Exit as a reference, so it will try to have that one always in the same position, which will result in different stopping positions on ground, meaning the front gear will be in a different position for each aircraft.

What you will have to careful with, if you have a parking that can be used both by small and heavy airplanes, with the heavies using the 2nd door for the jetway, is to be sure that, when you customize the position using the 777 with a preferred exit as 2L, you place enough ahead so the position of ITS preferred exit ( L2 ), should be good for the exit of another airplane that uses the L1 as preferred exit, that's why we also put two dashed lines over the preferred exit, as a reminder.

The main reason of using this method, is that you can use any plane to customize a parking and, if you head the "ding" sound when testing the jetway on that plane, you can be reasonably sure it will work with every airplane, and you don't *have* to set a separate stop position for every airplane, which would result in 10x more work when customizing an airport.

medic87

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 08:28:02 pm »

There's no need for that, because this will automatically result from the fact that GSX used the preferred Exit as a reference, so it will try to have that one always in the same position, which will result in different stopping positions on ground, meaning the front gear will be in a different position for each aircraft.

OK that makes sense, but what if the Nose gear position doesn't match the respective stop positions painted on the tarmac? As I understand, there is no way to correct that manually?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 11:05:04 am »
OK that makes sense, but what if the Nose gear position doesn't match the respective stop positions painted on the tarmac? As I understand, there is no way to correct that manually?

We could only supply with a general solution that would work everywhere in a sensible way but, of course, we cannot be sure it will always work everywhere, and we cannot even be sure ground markings on a 3rd party airport might *always* be accurate.

Yes, GSX CAN do this too, but only internally, we can customize every parking with multiple offsets based on the pixel/meter ratio of the marking texture, which will be used depending on the airplane type. However, there's no user interface for it, so it can only be made by us, and even with an user interface, it will be a lot of work.