Author Topic: How to install KLAX from FSX to P3Dv4.4  (Read 3690 times)

XCLTM3

How to install KLAX from FSX to P3Dv4.4
« on: January 10, 2019, 02:15:32 am »
Hi,

I recently retired FSX and the old PC it was installed on and have just purchased and installed P3Dv4.4  on a brand new custom built PC - I have been slowly installing 3rd party products successfully since Wednesday Jan 9.

I tried installing KLAX v2 using the full installer downloaded from the FSDT website, however it stops early during the process (about 10% of the way per progress bar) and then the entire progress/download box disappears completely and quits. This has happened several times now even right click "Run As Admin".

I then tried to install it using the GSX Couatl in-game "re-install" feature and entered my serial number but this has not worked either.

Can you suggest how I can achieve this successfully please?

I did refer to pg 10 - FS Dreamteam Installation Guide - "Reinstallation of the product, after having made major hardware changes" but this did not work as I cannot install download trial version as explained above.

Much appreciated.

PS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Rgds,

Steve
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:20:21 am by XCLTM3 »
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to install KLAX from FSX to P3Dv4.4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:57:43 am »
I tried installing KLAX v2 using the full installer downloaded from the FSDT website, however it stops early during the process (about 10% of the way per progress bar) and then the entire progress/download box disappears completely and quits. This has happened several times now even right click "Run As Admin".

It's not very clear from your description what is stopping, since you used the term progress/download. What *exactly* is stopping:

- The DOWNLOAD of the installer itself with your browser from the website.

OR

- The installation PROGRESS of the files contained in the installer into the sim

OR

- The final DOWNLOAD (Live Update) that happens after *all* files are copied, to updated them to the latest version found online ?

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:16:22 pm »
My apologies for not clarifying....

I'm referring to the installation Progress of the files contained in the installer into the sim whilst extracting the files. Stops around 10% of the way and quits.

PS: I installed GSX without a problem - downloaded the full installer from the FSDT site and it installed without a hitch.

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Rgds,

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:39:06 pm »
I'm referring to the installation Progress of the files contained in the installer into the sim whilst extracting the files. Stops around 10% of the way and quits.

This post here indicates all the possible reasons why the installation might get stuck:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20112.msg138228.html#msg138228

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 04:05:49 am »
Hi,

just to let you know that memory was not the issue.

I soon discovered that I inadvertently did not completely turn OFF my Anti-Virus program and it was blocking the installation.

Rgds,

Steve