Author Topic: Terminal B elevation  (Read 4474 times)

gstriker

Terminal B elevation
« on: January 08, 2019, 04:33:38 am »
Hi all,

I just bought the KDFW scenery and noticed that the B terminal building apprently "sank" (it happened to a few jetways as well). I'm using FSX and don't have ORBX, if anyone experienced something similar, and found a solution, please let me know!

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Terminal B elevation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:51 am »
The problem might be caused by another scenery in conflict that has changed the ground elevation, but it might also be a 3rd party mesh. We usually indicate OrbX, only because they are the most common cause of the problem, but anything that changes the ground altitude might cause this.

GSX has a way to fix these problems, by entering the parking customization page and clicking on the small airplane icon where it says "Ground Elevation", this will read the current elevation from the sim, and would fix the floating jetways.

gstriker

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 03:06:57 am »
Hi...

I turned off all add-on sceneries and I still see the B concourse out of place...What should I do? Using FSX-SE

Regards!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:53:28 am »
I turned off all add-on sceneries and I still see the B concourse out of place...What should I do?

Doing what I suggested in my previous post, of course. I'll copy it again:

GSX has a way to fix these problems, by entering the parking customization page and clicking on the small airplane icon where it says "Ground Elevation", this will read the current elevation from the sim, and would fix the floating jetways.

gstriker

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:30:41 am »
Tried that as well...

No good.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:59 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate this problem and, every other user that reported an elevation problem with floating or sinking jetways, have fixed it with the Ground Elevation correction in GSX.

Have you seen a change in elevation (the number) when you clicked the airplane icon ?

AZWildk4t

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 12:15:49 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate this problem and, every other user that reported an elevation problem with floating or sinking jetways, have fixed it with the Ground Elevation correction in GSX.

Have you seen a change in elevation (the number) when you clicked the airplane icon ?

Just an FYI. I had a similar issue after loading Javier's GSX2 jetway configuration. I used the airplane icon and saw elevation change. However, it didn't fix all the issues. I had to load FTX Vector and disable the airport elevation corrections for KDFW.  The only issue I have now is 1/4 of the aircraft wheel is in the ground. Would an elevation tweak fix this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 12:18:05 pm »
The automatic ground elevation will just the sim the actual ground elevation, so it will set it to it in case it's different from the one set in the AFCAD, but it cannot automatically detect possible *visual* problems, which are usually caused by the scenery developer having raised some ground elements to prevent ground flickering.

That's why, in addition to the airplane icon, we left the field editable to do further tweaking.