Author Topic: Update on the ORD V2?  (Read 32696 times)

flyingman321

Update on the ORD V2?
« on: January 06, 2019, 06:35:42 pm »
I know it’s already 2019 but just checking in on the release date for ORD V2. I know things get held back a little bit for design purposes etc.  Just seeing if there is another estimate for the release.

Thanks!

flyingman321

Re: Update on the ORD V2?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 06:38:36 pm »
I did see the Post from Dec 5th that you guys mentioned it won’t be released anytime soon. And you did release it before it’s ready we won’t like it so understood on that.

Zimmerbz

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:48:37 pm »
Yeah, I don't think it will be out soon unfortunately.  It will be great when it gets released but going from mid 2017 saying "sometime in 2018 it will be released" to "not being released any time soon" in 2019 seems to make me think 4.4 gave them a bunch of issues or something.  I'm sure we will know more information once an announcement is made but I am not holding my breath for that anytime soon either.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 02:59:06 pm »
There are no issues or problems with KORD but, quite simply, the very fact that, when we said we would release KORD before the end of 2018, it was very early in the year, and there was no way to know P3D4 would have a PBR update so soon (we assumed it would came with V5).

Since we want for the new KORD to be the final word on that airport, and for the next real-world runway update, we don't want to do it again from scratch, we intend to make it as future proof as possible, so it will be a true ( the only one ) 100% PBR product, made for the ground up for a PBR sim, which means it won't work with anything less than P3D 4.4, and this is clearly causing a delay.

In addition to that, we are also working on a major update for GSX, which will update lots of the GSX objects to PBR (100% of the Jetways are being remade), which will also increase the visual quality of many stock objects in GSX which were starting to show their age, and this is causing an additional delay to KORD but, as explained so many times when replying to delays of new products, we ALWAYS give priority to updating products that are already out, in respect to users that paid for them, before releasing new products.

flyingman321

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
Thank you for a detailed response, I appreciate it!

Zimmerbz

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 03:01:31 pm »
There are no issues or problems with KORD but, quite simply, the very fact that, when we said we would release KORD before the end of 2018, it was very early in the year, and there was no way to know P3D4 would have a PBR update so soon (we assumed it would came with V5).

Since we want for the new KORD to be the final word on that airport, and for the next real-world runway update, we don't want to do it again from scratch, we intend to make it as future proof as possible, so it will be a true ( the only one ) 100% PBR product, made for the ground up for a PBR sim, which means it won't work with anything less than P3D 4.4, and this is clearly causing a delay.

In addition to that, we are also working on a major update for GSX, which will update lots of the GSX objects to PBR (100% of the Jetways are being remade), which will also increase the visual quality of many stock objects in GSX which were starting to show their age, and this is causing an additional delay to KORD but, as explained so many times when replying to delays of new products, we ALWAYS give priority to updating products that are already out, in respect to users that paid for them, before releasing new products.

Does this mean you are now planning to release it once the final construction is done at ORD? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 04:36:50 pm »
Does this mean you are now planning to release it once the final construction is done at ORD? 

No, that will take at least to years, only for the next step, which will have a construction run from 2019 to 2012, and then another step in 2023/2024 so, we'll release it as it is now, before the next construction step will begin.

Zimmerbz

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 07:14:17 pm »
Got it.  Thanks!

Drumcode

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 04:21:52 am »
While I understand all of it, it still sucks. Is it going to be at least in the first half of the year or later? You know this is currently THE most anticipated add-on out there, right? ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 11:07:47 am »
You know this is currently THE most anticipated add-on out there, right?

That's precisely the reason why we are not rushing it. It will be out when it's ready, and you wouldn't probably want it before it is.

ChicagoPilot

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2019, 10:58:15 am »

No, that will take at least to years, only for the next step, which will have a construction run from 2019 to 2012, and then another step in 2023/2024 so, we'll release it as it is now, before the next construction step will begin.

I don't want to be the barer of bad news, but recently @flyohare on instagram has posted a list of 5 different designs of ORD for a future vision. https://chicago.curbed.com/2019/1/17/18185431/ohare-design-competition-global-terminal It will take 100% more time to finish ORD on 2023/2024 if one of those 5 designs start to go into construction. Good news tho that the airport is going through complete reconstruction into a modern design. Bad news, your 2019 product will get obsolete quick dependent if this actually gets built.
                                                                    |
Currently the most voted design out of the five    \/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:06:29 am by ChicagoPilot »

windshear

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2019, 12:49:09 pm »

Great update thank you! Just remember that we appreciate the information given here, it makes us fully understand what is being worked on!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

windshear

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:22 pm »

I don't want to be the barer of bad news, but recently @flyohare on instagram has posted a list of 5 different designs of ORD for a future vision. https://chicago.curbed.com/2019/1/17/18185431/ohare-design-competition-global-terminal It will take 100% more time to finish ORD on 2023/2024 if one of those 5 designs start to go into construction. Good news tho that the airport is going through complete reconstruction into a modern design. Bad news, your 2019 product will get obsolete quick dependent if this actually gets built.
                                                                    |
Currently the most voted design out of the five    \/

I disagree if the design hasn't even been chosen yet, the construction of this will not be finished in less than 5 years
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 11:01:51 pm »
Bad news, your 2019 product will get obsolete quick dependent if this actually gets built.

The only "bad news" I see is the old joke we have at FSDT about redoing O'Hare until well into retirement, will be less of a joke....

Drumcode

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2019, 07:59:26 am »
The only "bad news" I see is the old joke we have at FSDT about redoing O'Hare until well into retirement, will be less of a joke....

Nooooooooooooooo! Don't talk like that! Jesus, lol