Author Topic: GSX Message Text  (Read 4890 times)

torsten

GSX Message Text
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:45:51 am »
Hello,

i am trying to interact with the GSX Message Text in the green line displaying GSX Informations
like "[GSX] Boarding requested".
I try reading this text via FSUIPC Offset 3380, but it dosent work.
It seams this window is not the "nromal" Text message window from P3D ?

So, how is the Text displayed or how can i read this text to interact with that?

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Message Text
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:34:38 am »
It seams this window is not the "normal" Text message window from P3D ?

Of course it's the normal, 100% fully standard Simconnect text call. We don't do anything extra which might explain why FSUIPC cannot read it.

how can i read this text to interact with that?

I'm not sure it's a very good idea to rely on a text that might change at any time. What are you trying to do ? If you want to know what GSX is doing, there's a specific set of L: variables we published for this reason, look at the last pages of the GSX manual. This is how several developers like FS Labs, Leonardo, etc. interact with GSX.

torsten

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:20:06 pm »
hello,

i want to read the content of the GSX Window and display that in my FMC.
So i can directly see in the FMC what i can select for GSX and must not use the numbers at the keyboard to control GSX.

I will have a closer look in the manual for the L-Vars, but at the moment i am not able/have not tried to read L-Vars

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:17:46 pm »
i want to read the content of the GSX Window and display that in my FMC.

Ok, I think there's some confusion here, because you first referred to the "GSX Message Text in the green line", now you say the "GSX Window". Both use Simconnect (no hacking or undocumented calls), but they are two different things.

I'm not fully sure how FSUIPC works but, if I understand correctly, the offset 3380 is used to write something using FSUIPC to that line, and eventually read back what you (or another addon that used FSUIPC ) wrote with FSUIPC later on so, it might not work with standard Simconnect applications, but I might be wrong, since I never used FSUIPC.

There's no way to share full strings using L: vars, so we might have to come up with something entirely different, like Simconnect custom API.

Ebertr

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 08:44:04 pm »
Catch the GSX menue with a LUA script and write it to a file. I use the vb.net filesystemwatcher to get triggered if the file content changes. Then I read the file and perform accordingly via the FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET, by Paul Henty. This is not very straight forward, but the only possibilty I see for a 'full' integration' of GSX into a flight deck environment. With adapted timing the GSX menus appear not longer than the blink of an eye. I control the complete boarding process in this way, based on the flight plan depature time (Simbrief, data.xml). Catering, boarding process, etc. are triggered in a timely manner, with the goal that the aircraft can block-off on-time. Number of passengers, boarding via jetway / apron position, deicing (if required), and more are taken into account.

Ruediger

torsten

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 09:38:06 pm »
Thanks for the answer,

i have implemented simconnect in my Programm ... and it works.

lukasVATGER

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 01:38:28 pm »
Could torsten or Ebertr could explain it a bit more in details, what they did?

Regards
Lukas

Ebertr

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2021, 07:56:41 pm »
I use the .net FSUIPC client dll provided by Paul Henty. Using this dll and my own c# written program I read the GMX menue. Unfortunately the meue item select does not works reliable anymore since P3D uses HTML based SimConnect menues. I did not inverstigate the reason for that yet, because of some time contrains.

Ruediger

lukasVATGER

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 04:31:32 pm »
Okay, thanks for input. Will have a look on that approach.